Can you bring your own coffee?

cruiserjinx

Since everyone here seems to be avid coffee drinkers I got a question. I dont drink coffee although I have tried many brands & with many different additives but still tastes bitter & kinda like that construction boot someone was talking about. I really wanted to develop a taste for coffee as I'm sure it must be a learned taste. Cant imagine anyone picking up their very first cup of coffee & saying mmmm this sure is tasty. So at age 60 I doubt that I'll ever like it but my sister is a coffee lover. Once we checked into a hotel only to find we were in a room that wouldnt deliver her coffee when the wake up call came. She had them load up all our luggage & move us 3 buildings over where she would receive her coffee. Fine w/ me. Although wish she hadnt forgot something more important than coffee. ME in the shower with nothing but a hotel towel to hike across the parking lot in Canada wrapped in one. Screaming wheres my clothes D*** the coffee!!

Question; what brand of coffee would she really love that I could get while on my cruise? Going to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel. Thought after reading this thread I'd buy some for her as a gift & wrap it in a towel.

You can bring a French Press, and use hot water off the Lido Deck.

The main problem with French press pots is clean up. Dumping the grounds and getting them all out of the pot is extremely messy. French Travel presses can float grounds into your drinking portion. You have to take the pains to not dump the grounds into your cabin sink.

PortSideCruzan:The free coffee on ships is coffee syrup concentrate. Free coffee is NOT coffee syrup. It is from ground beans. Mostly lower grade Robusta while the specialty coffee uses a higher quality of Arabica beans.

Why is that easier than a french press. Filter, cone and cup = 3 pieces. French press = 1 piece and tastes sooooooooo much better

All grounds neatly contained in the filter cone. None get into your coffee. Clean up is 6 steps easier.

If the coffee on the Lido is too strong, you can easily adjust the strength by filling the cup 2/3 with coffee, 1/3 with hot water and adjust to your taste.

Archived