Do those of you who get a lot of UPGRADES book thru Princess??

Dreamer333

Spongerob

But I do mind one hell of a lot because I have been lied to by both the TA and by Princess

Sorry for my poor choice of comments. I decided not to post what I had written, but since CC requires at least some text, I just typed "Never mind", referring to the comments I deleted. It wasn't directed at you. Sorry.

I wanted to add that we have gone B2B twice, and had the same cabin both times. On of those B2B's we switched ships, but were upgraded into the exact same suite on the second ship. I'm sorry you are having a rough time of it and will likely return from your cruise with a perspective that will inspire a multi-page thread, but my experience has been different. I've even been able to request a different cabin more to my liking after seeing it available on an on-line site. I've never tried to book an HC cabin since we're AB, and perhaps that is where all your trouble lies.

Spongerob

But I do mind one hell of a lot because I have been lied to by both the TA and by Princess

That is not excusable especially when theres been ample chances to sort things out and put things right

Theres too many postings saying Princess are the most accomodating cruise line

Well sorry but they are not

You have had 2 separate postings on this site regarding your issues with Princess. Clearly you did not get satisfaction from Princess. If someone is interested in how you have been treated unfairly (in your opinion) by Princess, they can certainly find your other threads. However, postings like this do a disservice to the rest of us that are interested in this thread.

There is no ONE site to check for cabin availability, but a process of looking at many sites on the internet to see which are showing up as vacant. Sorry!

What sites? I dont see how this is done on Orbitz, Travocity, Yahoo, or any Cruisline sites?? I dont get it! Help Please!!?? :confused:

Since we cannot name the sites that list available cabins, it is really difficult to answer your question. One site that I use for comparison allows you to select a specific category of cabin or suite, then lists which are available. Princess normally releases about 6 cabins of any type onto the open market at once, though there might be a lot more of that type available. If you see six cabins (plus a guarantee for that category) listed, you can be reasonably sure that there are more. If it's just one or two and you want to book, you better do it fast.

Even if you see a certain cabin available, it might already be taken. If it's a certain cabin that you want, you can always call Princess as if you intended to book to see if it is available. And, you can always make your booking directly through Princess, then transfer the booking to your agent.

Rob's explanation is right on. There are many sites out there that you can go through the booking process to see which cabins are available, you stop just short of actually booking it. They are pretty much cruise only sites and not the big names you posted.

And he is also correct that it is against all rules here to post the names or links to these sites, sorry! :(

Thank you for answering my question the best that you can! I didnt know that we aren't allowed to post names of sites, etc. Thanks for the info! Not sure why that is? I can understand not wanting to advertise and no link-posting, but names? Anyway, going thru the process as you mentioned makes total sense. I never thought of that when trying to figure out how everyone was seeing what cabins were available. Thanks for the tip!! :)

Archived