ESTA question

eratog2

Last year when I sailed on QM2 from New York, I got my ESTA, but filled in the name of the hotel I was staying at for two nights before my cruise. My ESTA is still valid for this year, but I am sailing transatlantic back to back - not staying at a hotel, as one poster put it, I'm going to New York for the day. Should I notify anybody that my details have changed slightly, and I am not staying at the hotel this visit?

Thanks for your help

Last year when I sailed on QM2 from New York, I got my ESTA, but filled in the name of the hotel I was staying at for two nights before my cruise. My ESTA is still valid for this year, but I am sailing transatlantic back to back - not staying at a hotel, as one poster put it, I'm going to New York for the day. Should I notify anybody that my details have changed slightly, and I am not staying at the hotel this visit?

Thanks for your help

Yes,you update it on the Esta site

Thanks Cap'n :)

I always update mine but their site at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_cE8C54EBF-A465-5B18-6A0B-5A5A4CAE6D87_k69624048-3E3B-0783-4D76-CBCB40C66675

says this:-

Your ESTA authorization is generally valid for multiple trips over a period of two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first*. This means that as long as you received an ESTA authorization to travel, you do not have to reapply during the validity period. You may update your travel information; however this information is optional and is not required.

Archived