Spa Cabins on the Dream

Winterstale

We've sailed the Splendor twice in spa cabins both times -- both times the last "at sea" day was rough since we are beating all the way back from Mexico to Long Beach --- I've read some reviews about the Dream being a bit rough -- would love to hear some thoughts on the spa cabins aboard the Dream. We're thinking of booking her the first week of December.

I think I know what you were reading, but the Dream seems to be a very smooth ship to me. My roughest cruises have been on the smaller ships. The reviews that you were probably reading, if they were the same ones I saw, were in reference to Nov-Dec cruises on the Dream, which were very rough. But that cannot be blamed on Dream. Every ship on those seas at that time were feeling it. It was the seas, not the ships. That was a very unusually long stretch of rough seas out there. 13 of my 14 days on board the Dream were as smooth as can be. We hit very rough waters one day, that the ship seemed to handle as good as can be expected.

You never know what the seas will do. I've had cruises where it was rougher going, then others where it was rougher coming back, even when cruising the same areas. I would just say to not worry about it, but be prepared. I made some friends on my 1st Dream cruise that stayed in spa cabins. They enjoyed it. I got to visit their rooms.

Thanks, K2 - appreciate the input! We really want to try to the Western route and want to cruise either the week after Turkey Day or the first week of December. I know it's a crap shoot that time of year with the weather....but I'm probably going to go ahead and grab the spa interior while I still can!

We were on the Dream in a spa cabin in September. We came within 80 miles of a hurricane. It was pretty rough. Obviously, the Dream is a pretty tall ship and the spa cabins are pretty high up.

We would leave our bathroom door cracked at night to give us some light and the door would literally swing all the way open, slam back, swing open etc. There were also many times when the towels in the bathroom were swinging back and forth. One night we were in bed and the movement was by far the worst we've experienced. The movement caused me to "roll" in the bed. My husband turned on the tv to see what the winds were like. I don't remember exactly what it was, but the winds were pretty strong.

We used the spa facilities many times throughout the week and one of the first few days we were sitting in the thalasso pool and the water was running side to side of the pool and was splashing out. Even in the pool you could feel the movement. The first 3 days were pretty bad and I was taking motion sickness medication.

I'm sure this has something to do with the storm but the Dream is larger so you will feel more movement if you are on a higher floor.

We were in a Spa Cabin on the Dream (interior). It was the smoothest ride we have had. I am prone to seasickness and was worried about being so high up and forward on the ship. But it wasn't a problem. I really ended up liking the location being close to the spa and the serenity deck.

We were on an August cruise last year that was between 2 hurricanes. I was afraid we wouldn't be able to make it to the port to embark but it worked out fine. I was afraid of a rough ride because of the hurricanes, but not a problem. I am not sure if there is an unusual calm between hurricanes and we just got lucky, or what. But one day as I was sitting on the Serenity deck looking out onto the ocean, it looked like a piece of glass it was so smooth!!

Maggie

Archived