Is it doable to take #10 jitney to the Sheraton with a 2yr old and a stroller?

karid08

Hi, we will be sailing on the Oasis of the Seas at the end of march (7am to 3pm) with our 2yr old daughter. After reading through these posts we've decided to go to the Sheraton early in the morning and then leave maybe around 12:30-1pm to do a little walking around town.

After all that time at the beach I'm thinking our daughter might be a bit tired and need the stroller. She's a very tall and heavy 2yr old, so carrying her for more than 5 mins is a bit too much. I have a few questions and would really appreciate your help with this.

1. We would love to take the jitney to the Sheraton, but I'm not sure it's doable with our daughter and the stroller. Would we be better off just taking a cab?

2. Also, is there anything to see around the Sheraton once we decide to head back or should we just come back to the port/downtown area?

3. If taking the cab is better, how much should I expect to pay for it with a 2 yr old and a stroller?

4. Will I have to buy a day pass for our daughter at the Sheraton?

Thanks again! Any other suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!

Hi, we will be sailing on the Oasis of the Seas at the end of march (7am to 3pm) with our 2yr old daughter. After reading through these posts we've decided to go to the Sheraton early in the morning and then leave maybe around 12:30-1pm to do a little walking around town.

After all that time at the beach I'm thinking our daughter might be a bit tired and need the stroller. She's a very tall and heavy 2yr old, so carrying her for more than 5 mins is a bit too much. I have a few questions and would really appreciate your help with this.

1. We would love to take the jitney to the Sheraton, but I'm not sure it's doable with our daughter and the stroller. Would we be better off just taking a cab?

A small folding umbrella stroller would be fine, anything bigger wouldn't fit. The jitney is outfitted with folding aisle seats so there is no aisle to put the stroller. It would have to fit in front of you in the seat.

2. Also, is there anything to see around the Sheraton once we decide to head back or should we just come back to the port/downtown area?

This area has been revitalized in to a garden path.. across the street is a small straw market and daquari stand... not much else. I wouldn't plan on spending any time there.. There may also be construction in that area when you arrive as they are creating the new Bahamar resorts at Cable Beach>

3. If taking the cab is better, how much should I expect to pay for it with a 2 yr old and a stroller?

Cab is $15 for 2 ppl/ $3 for ea. add'l person $1 for stroller, plus tip.

4. Will I have to buy a day pass for our daughter at the Sheraton?

Not sure, I think day passes are for 3 and over.

Thanks again! Any other suggestions and tips are greatly appreciated!

Hope this is helpful.

Thank you very much for your info Scubagirrl! I think just to be comfortable, we'll take the cab. We have a big stroller, which comes in very handy to carry all the beach "goodies" y little purchases and at this point I don't want to buy a new one.

Thanks again for all the info!

Archived