Best beach for snorkeling?

NCBeachBride

Hi! We'll be in Barbados for 1 day and we're really interested in snorkeling. What would be the best beach for this? Hoping to find somewhere that has chairs available to rent as well. I was set on Rockley/Accra after seeing another discussion but then read there are better beaches for snorkeling. Too little time to do all that we want!!!! TIA!

Hi! We'll be in Barbados for 1 day and we're really interested in snorkeling. What would be the best beach for this? Hoping to find somewhere that has chairs available to rent as well. I was set on Rockley/Accra after seeing another discussion but then read there are better beaches for snorkeling. Too little time to do all that we want!!!! TIA!

I highly recommend Shasa Catamaran. I have heard though for a beach snorkel the best is Carlisle.:)

Folkstone Marine Preserve in Holetown (north of the port) has good snorkeling and also a nice (but relatively) small beach for just swimming.

There is a good variety of fish and the coral formations are quite nice.

There are facilities for showering and changing and picnic tables for sitting.

Any taxi at the port could get you there easily and quickly - fare I don't know as I had a rental car.

At Folkstone Beach which is about a 15 min cab ride from the cruise terminal you will find glass bottom boat/snorkel boats which will take you to snorkel with turtles, snorkel over a ship wreck and a reef. I believe the cost is about $30 pp. We certainly had a good time with them and will be back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived