Legend of the Seas - Southampton Questions

We have previously only cruised in Med with Ocean Village (from Palma) and in several weeks are going on Legend of the Seas from Southampton - from the Mayflower terminal. Whilst there appears to be a lack of people using this site who are going, I guess as it is being aimed at the uk market, and whilst I realise this is the first time Royal Caribbean have sailed from Southampton I wondered, if Southampton regulars could answer a couple of questions:

Is the mayflower terminal more formal than the dockside shed at Palma - would it be likend to an aiport style check in ?

We have comlimentry parking included, how far from the car park is the terminal - as we will have three bags - are trolleys available, or can I drop my wife with the bags then go and drop the car ?

Do you have to leave car keys with anyone, or is it like an airport long stay.

Is boarding via dockside gangway or by airport style bridges.

I understand that the onboard currency is going to be in pounds - has anyone ever experianced this before with RC and if so how do prices compare with the examples on this site.Thanks

we sailed on the Jewel from southampton last May I will try to answer all you questions.

currency- it should be in dollars- it was for us on the Jewel.

parking- you drive right up to check in, porters take your checked luggage off you and you move the car to a waiting area where someone will deal with your parking paperwork . You will leave your keys in the door.Someone else drives it away to the main carpark. Unless you have a disabled badge, on return you pick up your keys from the office where you dropped the car off and walk across to where your car has been parked for the duration. there are airport style trolleys. ALL will become clear when you are there :) REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR CARRY ON WITH AND DON'T HAND IT TO PORTERS BY MISTAKE !!!

cruise check in- it is a big hall . clearly signed . quite smart . RCI usually provide refreshments in the check-in area.

we have been on the Legend, you will love her. happy cruising.

• 1 month later...
We have previously only cruised in Med with Ocean Village (from Palma) and in several weeks are going on Legend of the Seas from Southampton - from the Mayflower terminal. Whilst there appears to be a lack of people using this site who are going, I guess as it is being aimed at the uk market, and whilst I realise this is the first time Royal Caribbean have sailed from Southampton I wondered, if Southampton regulars could answer a couple of questions:

Is the mayflower terminal more formal than the dockside shed at Palma - would it be likend to an aiport style check in ?

We have comlimentry parking included, how far from the car park is the terminal - as we will have three bags - are trolleys available, or can I drop my wife with the bags then go and drop the car ?

Do you have to leave car keys with anyone, or is it like an airport long stay.

Is boarding via dockside gangway or by airport style bridges.

I understand that the onboard currency is going to be in pounds - has anyone ever experianced this before with RC and if so how do prices compare with the examples on this site.Thanks

We cruised on Legend of the Seas from southampton in May this year. Cant help about the parking as we flew in to Southampton Airport and took a taxi to the terminal. We wheeled our luggae a very few yards to the terminal where it was taken off us by the porters. Check in was absolutely painlesswith plenty of staff. All we had to do was swipe our credit card, we were then issued with our seapass cards. The process only took a couple of minutes. We hhad to wait until about 11-30 before the let us board the ship. We were allowed to go to our cabins at about 1-00pm and were surprised to see our luggage was already there (all of it!!!!)

The currency used was Sterling and personally I thought the exchange rate was a bit suspect compared to dollar prices.

All in all we had a fantastic cruise and have already booked for nest year.

If there is anything more specific I can help you with please ask or email me

Alan

Archived