Will Carnival undo an approval?

izmeeh

I booked my cruise way in advance but didn't book ES due to a number of uncertainties. Cruise prices have been dropping. I was told that you could only upgrade after the final payment date. I figured it didn't hurt to try so I applied for a credit using the ES form. I got approved. I wonder if Carnival will unapproved my approval if price drops further and I turn in another request. Thanks.

They will likely approve the price drops up until final payment date - but after that date, only ES rate gets price drops. At that point, you'll have to hope for enough of a price drop to upgrade. good luck!

I understand that. My cruise is in 2 weeks. I'm way after the final payment date. If the price drops again and I turn in the form, will they unapprove the approval that I have just received? I know I shouldn't have received the on board credit and they will probably say no the next time. However, will they overturn an approval?

I understand that. My cruise is in 2 weeks. I'm way after the final payment date. If the price drops again and I turn in the form, will they unapprove the approval that I have just received? I know I shouldn't have received the on board credit and they will probably say no the next time. However, will they overturn an approval?

My guess is "Likely".

It is one more chance for someone to review your booking and notice the error.

You may find when you get on the ship that you do not have any OBC.

I booked my cruise way in advance but didn't book ES due to a number of uncertainties. Cruise prices have been dropping. I was told that you could only upgrade after the final payment date. I figured it didn't hurt to try so I applied for a credit using the ES form. I got approved. I wonder if Carnival will unapproved my approval if price drops further and I turn in another request. Thanks.

this is the 2nd thread that someone put in for ES price drops and got it .. and had not booked ES.

Never hurts to try. I think these people are either overworked or undertrained, as they make lots of mistakes. LUCKY :D

I would not say a word and I bet chances are they wouldnt catch it.

I would not push my luck and put in for another one ... why take the chance. I had some OBC I got from a supervisor while my PVP was on vacation, that I lost when I put in for a price drop later (and I was ES).

Another question, how do I check to see what rate I have booked under? I specified past guest when I booked and got the rate for past guest, which was higher than the ES rate. I wanted to make sure they didn't change me to ES since then. I don't want to miss out on further price drops if they have already switched me over to ES somehow.

Archived