4/9/05 western glory review

edpeeks

The Bedtime story was hysterical! I really enjoyed listening to John Heald-he was so funny. My sides were aching from laughing every time he did his 'routine'. They obviously must pick the people from the audience ahead of time and tell them what to do on stage to make it funny, because it didn't seem like 'mary' from our ship would do the things she did on stage had she been picked impromptu-does anyone know if this is the case? She was so funny though. So was the "I want to kill you...with venom" guy! Wish I was back there....:(

We were also no the 4/9 Glory and feel the same way about Progreso. Unless you have a tour booked, the only worthwhile thing to do is shop. I found the prices better then those in Cozumel. I got some very nice silver jewlery at the shop right at the dock. John Heald was a teriffic cruise director. I will be posting a full review as soon as I get re-adjusted to "real life" again.

Thanks. I took another look at the deck plans and noticed that the grille and pizzeria are not actually in the red sail but right outside near the azure pool. The deli is in the red sail as well as the oriental place and the fish and chips place is on the second level of the red sail.

That's identical to the Triumph--so I at least can't get loss finding the food!!!

Know what you mean about getting back to reality. I did my review on Sunday afternoon at home - it's been a big adjustment going back to work and having to make decisions other than what to eat, chair on the deck, spa, shop, etc! Today is much better but still am feeling some "motion"! - unfortunately, tan is fading too! I haven't cooked a meal since we've gotten home and I got all kinds of groceries on Sunday....hopefully, things will be better tonight!

I believe that Belize is 2 hours behind because of DST. Normally, it is just one hour. The tender was sold that it would be "exciting in high speed boats". It was fine. They had plenty of tenders. They were private boats. You know, on all of the Princess cruises we have gone one, the life boats were used.

As far as the Red Sail goes; the two areas are mirrored. There are to separate serving lines on each end with a single dessert area. I think most of the times not all four lines were simultaneously opened. (Probably were on at sea days.) But it worked out well any time we were in line which means you don't have to wait long. The deli, oriental areas were in between the two ends. I felt the deli was opened more often than the oriental area. F&C were upstairs aft.

Several days before disembarking, I went to the Purser and asked for the earlist tags. They gave me black. I talked to several crew afterwards and they said that black was earliest, however, black was not called first after self disembarkation. It think it was lime green. Anyway, as usual, the self disembarkation was chaos. We saw many different colored tags in the line. Which didn't make sense, and I think if everyone got this concept, getting off the ship would not be so traumatic. At Port Canaveral the luggage is delivered to the pick up area by carosels just like at airports. It is not like other ports where all of the luggage is in one big room. So luggage for a particular color is delivered onto the carosel at a cooresponding time. If you do successfully "sneak" into line before your color is called, you will still have to wait in the carosel area for your luggage, tagged with your color until that color is called. It simply would be much more orderly is the color sequence was honored. (Like that is going to happen!) HAPPY CRUISING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived