Taking a bottle on board

cruiseadict.com

If I purchase 2 bottles of champers from the duty free at the airport.....do P & O allow you to take it on board to drink or is it taken away till the end of your cruise ?? Thanks :confused:

Every post you start is about Alcohol, is there something you want to tell us? :)

Every post you start is about Alcohol, is there something you want to tell us? :)

LOL... you say that like its a bad thing :p

Sandra, not sure if you saw on the P&O site group forum but a number of people are doing Champagne and chocolates on the beach in Grand Turk. :)

Erica

LOL... you say that like its a bad thing :p

Sandra, not sure if you saw on the P&O site group forum but a number of people are doing Champagne and chocolates on the beach in Grand Turk. :)

Erica

Sounds lovely Erica...... Are you doing it ? that's why I was checking the question. Would love to participate but I don't want to carry in my luggage....the weight ! :)

The first thing I do after unpacking my case is to call Room Service ask for 1 bottle Bacardi 1l (£11),9 cans Coke +3 free(£5),bucket of ice and a sliced lemon from then on every afternoon the ice and lemon is placed in the fridge. The first island we stop at I get a couple of bottles of Cockburns Rum Punch ($10) and some Rose Wine ($10) thats unavailable onboard and despite the clunking and x-rays have never been questioned.

When at sea you can buy your Champagne from the ships Duty Free shop and if its in stock can walk away with it then, the worst would mean returning after a few hours when they've collected the orders from the storeroom.

To sit on the balcony from 5pm to going for dinner at 8:15 with your own fully stocked bar is a great way (and cheaper) of starting the evening and thankfully one that P&O do not try to spoil for the sake of increasing the Bar takings a few hundred quid.:)

Sandra,

Yeah I would like to. I am doing a snorkel excursion in the morning but then plan on being a beach bum the rest of the day lol. There is a Margaritaville there... I have been to the one in Vegas, its fun but a bit pricey. And down the beach there is a place called Jacks Shack that looks fun. Champers and chocs will fit in between somewhere lol.

Swoggy,

Great idea re keeping the cabin well stocked for enjoying on the balcony. Thats my plan for when we first get on board too :)

Wish we were going this week LOL

Erica

Archived