Post cruise rental car in FLL

Wyotraveler

Sounds like a good time to me. You will likely be even earlier than that. Not sure who you booked with. Alamo and National have a free shuttle bus to their airport location. Other companies may or may not have free shuttles to their port area locations, although you might find it easier to grab a taxi to any of these locations.

Sounds like a good time to me. You will likely be even earlier than that. Not sure who you booked with. Alamo and National have a free shuttle bus to their airport location. Other companies may or may not have free shuttles to their port area locations, although you might find it easier to grab a taxi to any of these locations.

I am booked with Hertz. There is a free common rental car shuttle to FLL, so I will take that to get the car.

I am booked with Hertz. There is a free common rental car shuttle to FLL, so I will take that to get the car.

You might want to verify that. That used to be the case, but the last couple times we have been down there the free shuttle was National/Alamo only.

No, it's National/Alamo only to FLL. Hertz has a free shuttle to their location at the Crowne Plaza if you can get it. A cab to there shoudn't be any more than $10.

We have a rental car booked for when we get back on March 24th. Its with budget, So from what I am understanding it would be better to just grab a taxi back to the airport to pick it up ?

Budget has a location just outside the port on 17th St, next to the Renaissance hotel. However it does get busy there, and car selection will be smaller than their airport location. It's a pretty popular rental from cruisers, and just like the rest, waiting for the shuttle (or being able to get on it when it does come) can be a pain that many people avoid by taking a cab. If you were so inclined, and the ship is at terminal 2, you could walk there in about 10-15 minutes and come back to get the rest of your travel party and luggage.

I'm not sure if Budget has the online checkin procedure that Alamo does, but when we rent from Alamo, we just show up, pick out a car and drive out, and the only person we see is the one at the exit gate who swipes the credit card and the car barcode. If Budget has a similar procedure, it might be worthwhile just going to the airport (about an extra $5 in cab fare) so you don't have to deal with the possible (probable) lines at the 17th St location.

Archived