Snorkelers and divers together - Cozumel H2O or Eagle Ray

smash vball

Hubby, myself & four teens will be making the Cozumel stop in March. One of the teens is a certified diver but the rest of us want to snorkel. We are looking at Cozumel H2O which replied with a very impressive email and can accommodate us at 1:30. Have seen more positive comments about Eagle Ray on these forums but they are a little more pricey. I like the idea of their three reef snorkel with the lunch stop at the Money Bar. Hanging out in Cozumel for a couple of hours and then getting an early lunch before diving might not be such a good idea if we go with H2O?

Any first hand knowledge of either of these guides?

Also, what about jellies in March? We live at the beach so we are used to the big stinging kind, well, not used to them because they sting like crazy, but just wondering if we should be prepared for pain in Mexico?

Thanks for your help to these cruise rookies!

I'm sure H20 is great, as are many operations on CZM. That being said, I always use Eagle Ray.

Just note that if one is diving and the rest are snorkeling, you may be on separate boats depending on the number of people going that day. I would check with Chellie about that if your really wanting to be on the same boat.

I've been on the same boat with snorkelers and I have seen them take two boats, it just depends on the group size of each for the day.

Thanks for the input - Hubby is leaning towards H2O because they sent a pic of their boat and it's nicer than the ones of Eagle Ray...and we are a group of six and they'll just take us all on the same boat without adding any more. I've only seen reviews for Eagle Ray so I'm on the fence...

Eagle Ray's boats are old and quaint, they are also slow. This for me adds to the experience as I don't like to be rushed and enjoy my time on the boat, in the sun taking in the beautiful scenery.

It's also fun, depending on what boat they take you on, to climb the rope ladder to the roof and jump off into the water between dives.

Others like to hurry up and get to the dive site, so they choose other operations which have bigger/faster boats.

There is no wrong answer, both will take excellent care of you I'm sure.

We used Eagle Ray last September (jellies were not pleasant) and loved loved them. In fact, we are going back to Cozumel this September and plan on booking with them again. My partner & I absolutely loved the boat, the tour operator, everything about them...and we went to the top of the boat to sit for awhile nd it was like it was just us!

You can't go wrong with them.

LB in GA

• 2 weeks later...

Loes at Cozumel H2O took fabulous care of us. I highly recommend her! We had 5 snorkelers and our one diver had a dive master all to herself who knew exactly where to go on the two reefs they visited. Loes' boat captain knows the water, current and reefs so well he was able to adjust his plan for us based on the visibility and the changing currents the day we were in Cozumel. The storms were so bad the previous five days that boats were not allowed out so we were extremely blessed that the weather cleared. I'll be posting a glowing review on TA soon!

Archived