Interesting info

I don't think it's advertising for anything. It covers a bunch of the brands and isn't screaming "book your wedding with us!". I wondered how The Wedding Experience started and now I know.

I wish I could find it, but there was an article a couple of months ago when I started planning about how the cruise lines were building chapels into the ships because although they go mostly unused throughout the week compared to all the other public spaces, they bring in a hefty amount of money every week if you consider that they can have 1-3 embarkation weddings plus 1-3 weddings for each port (depending on local laws of course).

I am getting married in April and got a LATE start with booking - but it is coming together. I created a wedding website from an EASY & FREE template based wedding planning website. Check out my page and maybe it will give you some ideas on DIY weddings on a cruise.

http://www.mywedding.com/jaylaura/index.html

I am not doing my WEDDING PLANNING through Carnival because I wanted something different. We are getting married in port at Mallory Square in Key West (there is a webcam there for those people that can't make it). Also, my mother makes silk flowers so that is taken care of (you can't bring real flowers on or off the ship). My brother has awesome cameras (including 3D digital) and my future brother-in-law is also a photography buff. So most of the packages offered I wouldn't need anyway.

So, you look at the prices for packages and see the difference in booking it as just a cocktail party, the difference is HUGE!

I booked a "Cocktail Event" for my group in the same room they use for receptions. They only do them for a minimum of 20 people but it comes to $11.44 per person for OPEN BAR private party for one hour! Children are $5.75 ages 5 - 20. Free for under 5 years old I only paid $34.50 for a cake that serves 25 that is not tiered - they don't offer tiered - at least not to non-wedding planned through Carnival. I'm not sure about if you book a wedding package. For 24 people (four of them are under 20) it only cost $286.35 INCLUDING gratuity!!!! My photographer in Key West costs more!!! If I get any last minute cruisers it goes up but that is an awesome deal. This includes bartenders/waitstaff/cake cutter. I couldn't believe it. You pay for it on your ship card when you close your account before leaving the ship - which is even a bonus because you have extra for other things ahead of time.

I think it is $18 per person (again with open bar) but adding appetizers if you want that. Seeing as we are all getting sushi at 5pm (except my mom who is wary of trying it) and having dinner at 8:15, I saw no point in appetizers.

I booked my cruise less than two weeks ago but I now have everything booked for April 2012 and my invitations are in the mail to me to send out to my guests. However, with word of mouth I already have 17 guests (immediate family) and extended family and friends will book after they get their invites unless the see the information on the wedding website.

This has really been easy to take care of - with the exception of a trolley tour that I am trying to get the vendor to call me back with information. I booked a photographer for in Key West so my family isn't snapping pictures during the ceremony. Not bad for a couple weeks of planning, especially LAST MINUTE planning.

I hope this helps someone else out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived