Princess Pelicans and Birthday

capsoncc

We are going to be cruising with our son on the Ruby Princess on March 11, 2012. He is currently 2, but his 3rd birthday is in the middle of the cruise. Does anybody know if he will be allowed in the Princess Pelicans program? I know the age limit is 3, but I am wondering if anybody knows how princess handles this since he is not 3 at the beginning of the cruise.

Also does anybody know if Princess still does balloons on the cabin doors for birthdays? Previously when we have cruised with princess we have always seen them on the cabin doors, and have provided a birthday cake on the night of the birthday. I am just wondering if this has changed, since I know some other cruises lines have stopped doing this in order to cut costs.

Thanks

Ok thanks for the info. We would have waited until past his birthday to take the cruise, but my wife is a teacher and we don't have the flexability on dates. I guess we should have went back and cruised on Royal Caribbean since in the past at least they have private babysitting available. This is something we have used a lot in the past so that we could enjoy dinner in the dining room.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to post an update on this. Princess did allow our son into the Princess Perlican's program. They added his name to the list since his third birthday was while we were on the cruise. We were pleasantly suprised and were very appreciative for Princess allowing him to take part. He had a great time.

Archived