Adjustment after final payment

Has anyone been successful in recieving an adjustment after their final payment? My travel agent told me that she would be able to get us onboard credit if the price dropped so I called her today as the price has dropped and her collegue said that they are not giving any onboard credit in 2012 if the price drops after final payment. So frustrated by this and feel as if my TA lied to me

RCI hasn't given OBC for price drops after final payment since May 17, 2010. There are no exceptions. This is in-line with the policy of all mainstream cruiselines.

You can get an upgrade if the cabin category above yours is now at a lower price than you paid.

So basically my travel agent lied to me- awesome!

Not really. You were told that there would be no OBC from a price reduction after final payment and that's the truth.

Now you can go back and ask your TA "if a cabin category higher than what I am booked in is priced the same as or lower than what I paid.....can I get an upgrade"?:)

her collegue said that they are not giving any onboard credit in 2012 if the price drops after final payment. So frustrated by this and feel as if my TA lied to me

They didnt give OBC for price drops after final payment in 2011 either :)

Its been a topic of many heated debates around here for about a year and a half now.

Not really. You were told that there would be no OBC from a price reduction after final payment and that's the truth.

Now you can go back and ask your TA "if a cabin category higher than what I am booked in is priced the same as or lower than what I paid.....can I get an upgrade"?:)

Yes really, because my travel agent told me that if the price dropped before we set sail we would get the difference in the form of an onboard credit she actually told me this several times because I was hesistant to work with a TA rather than booking directly and she said I have no trouble calling RCI for you and getting you the onboard credit if you book with me.

Yes really, because my travel agent told me that if the price dropped before we set sail we would get the difference in the form of an onboard credit she actually told me this several times because I was hesistant to work with a TA rather than booking directly and she said I have no trouble calling RCI for you and getting you the onboard credit if you book with me.

Well SHE can give you all the OBC she wants if she so pleases but there is no way you will get it from RCI so she did mislead you if she told you that :( Im surprised though with the new policy being in effect for almost a year and a half now that she did not know of it. But hey we have also heard of a TA booking an arrival flight of 2:45 pm for a all on board at 3:00 pm too though so I shouldnt be surprised :p

It just sucks you didnt find this board prior to booking with her or you would have known this already. Its discussed at least once a day every day it seems :)

Then your TA is not up to date on the current RCI pricing policies. :(

You do not get any type of OBC if there is a price reduction prior to final payment. Your cruise fare is adjusted so that when you make your final payment the price reduction is reflected in your total cruise fare.

Archived