Pics of area below 6224 balcony of Eclipse?

ginny123

Wondering what is below our room on the hump. We will be starboard so the area is outside Cafe Al Bacio and I know the port side has a promenade with chairs, etc. Is there an area like that outside the Cafe? Also, thought I saw somewhere that the gangplank is somewhere in that area? Any help much appreciated!

Wondering what is below our room on the hump. We will be starboard so the area is outside Cafe Al Bacio and I know the port side has a promenade with chairs, etc. Is there an area like that outside the Cafe? Also, thought I saw somewhere that the gangplank is somewhere in that area? Any help much appreciated!

Hi Ginny123,

I believe you'll find that the Gangplank can be on either side of the ship... depending on the Port that is being used... when we were on the Solstice (S-Class Sister Ship to the Eclipse) and were boarded in Fort Lauderdale (Pier 25) we most definitely got on on the Port Side of the ship at Deck 5.

Your description of the Promenade is exactly what it is on both sides of the ship as I recall... a walkway, with chairs and the lifeboats.

Directly under "the hump" is the entranceway that goes to and from the interior of the ship (automatic sliding doors)

Attached is a picture that I took of that area... and you can see the ceiling above the door, follows the line of "the hump"... so there you have it, what is directly below you.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

PHOTO - Deck 5 (Entertainment Deck)

1106135614_DSCF5941(2)(620x465).jpg.973fd81f0345b35e6b9560a5266ca05b.jpg

Hi Ginny,

I did a bit more digging...

Both thru my Celebrity Brochures, but also thru my own pics as well...

Looks like Eclipse # 6224 is right on "the hump" (the flat part)... whereas the room we had was on "the aft angle"...

Your cabin as such should not be over any lifeboats... you can check the Celebrity Website... as they've featured the Starboard side of the Eclipse...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=EC

Hopefully though, someone has stayed in that particular cabin and can supply even more detailed photos for you.

In the meantime, here is a copy of a pic I took of the Starboard side of the Solstice... the location corresponding to Eclipse Cabin # 6224 would be the one in the bottom right hand corner, first row of balconies (so across the flat part of the hump... 6234 - 6232 - 6230 - 6228 - 6226 - and 6224)

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful,

Cheers!

2064819002_DSCF6053(2)(620x465).jpg.b1fd013ac41b5847e8b0cedc35c13547.jpg

Thanks all! I had looked and looked thru all the posts and in the Celebrity brochure/booklet...never occured to me to look at the website :) We also changed our room from port to starboard due to the smoking area outside Bistro on 5.

Archived