RSVP Feb 9-16, 2013 - Eurodam

Boytjie

Where exactly does one go on the HAL website to preorder alcohol. I've looked all over but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Log in on the HAL website, click on 'For Booked Guests' (menu line, top right-hand corner) and then look for 'BOOK SHORE EXCURSIONS, SPAS and INDULGENCES' and clock on the 'Book' button. You are looking for 'Indulgences'' :)

Log in on the HAL website, click on 'For Booked Guests' (menu line, top right-hand corner) and then look for 'BOOK SHORE EXCURSIONS, SPAS and INDULGENCES' and clock on the 'Book' button. You are looking for 'Indulgences'' :)

Thanks! I did not think to look under "Shore excursions"! That seems much easier than trying to buy a bottle of Vodka in Ft. Lauderdale and sneaking it on board. Speaking of shore excursions, the stop at the Bahamas seem to mainly be for these beach packages. How necessary are those? Can I just enjoy the beach without a special package?

Speaking of shore excursions, the stop at the Bahamas seem to mainly be for these beach packages. How necessary are those? Can I just enjoy the beach without a special package?

Some people like the cabanas but they are a bit expensive - and costing more these days. Only the first time did we rent the clam shells for shade but haven't done so since. We usually just grab some loungers - and if possible get them further down the beach where there is some shade under trees.

We did the stingray excursion once which was cool; actually the water was cold! Do take them up on the offer of wetsuits if you decide to do it.

The HMC stop is usually the last day of the cruise and by then we are a bit pooped out and just enjoy a relaxing day at the beach. This year will be the first time that I know of that there will be a tea dance after leaving HMC, so may have to rest a bit more on the beach.

The water temperature at HMC is a bit cooler that further down in the Caribbean, but it is so blue and clear and if it is a hot day, it is refreshing to go for a dip.

We will be tendering at Half Moon Cay and there is always the chance that wind or rough seas could prevent us from going ashore; if the captain decides its not safe we will end up with another sea day. That has not happened to us on any of our cruises since 2007.

Lucky you guys! This is the first cruise that I have not pre-tanned, but I have learned the hard way not to use tanning beds anymore. We will hope that the three days before the cruise are sunny in Fort Lauderdale so that we can get some color, too.

Weather in Lauderdale is sunny. Getting some tan and hopefully a bit more before flying home tonight. We be back next Wed. Night so another o days to tan.

Hi everyone.. Looking forward to the cruise next week. I live full time in DC and Larry lives most of the time at our Delaware house that overlooks the Indian River Bay. We can see the newly built bridge on Route 1 from our deck.

We look forward to having a great trip and meeting new people.

We will be in room 7056. We're staying on after the cruise at the Royal Palms Resort in Fort Lauderdale (Feb 16, 17 & 18). We've already been able to hook up before the cruise with new friends (Dan & Jack) we met at a Rehoboth Area Mens (RAMS) Thanksgiving event.

Well.. hope everyone is excited like I am... Eric

Welcome Eric. Glad to see you found the thread. We'll see you next Friday for cocktails and dinner.

Thanks! I did not think to look under "Shore excursions"! That seems much easier than trying to buy a bottle of Vodka in Ft. Lauderdale and sneaking it on board. Speaking of shore excursions, the stop at the Bahamas seem to mainly be for these beach packages. How necessary are those? Can I just enjoy the beach without a special package?

HMC is definitely a beach day. Find a lounge chair, something cold to drink, sit back and enjoy the sun, surf and fashion show. Shore excursions are really not necessary.

We will be tendering at Half Moon Cay and there is always the chance that wind or rough seas could prevent us from going ashore; if the captain decides its not safe we will end up with another sea day. That has not happened to us on any of our cruises since 2007.

Chances of missing this stop are reported to be 20%. The odds are in our favor.

For the meet-and-greet I have heard form the following so far:

BayAreaBC

bayotter

Brian28273

dantobey

darrell6t

dontom4fun

gigand

gimmewoof

M&D

MightySailinMan

mikeange

Monumax

NudeSleeper

pjfunny1

Ptownandpompano

rhact

SantaRosaCruiser

STRSSD

TamaracBoy

Typhoon1

If you responded and are not on the list, maybe I just missed it, so just drop me a note again

If you haven't RESVed yet but plan to attend, please drop me an email at boytjieny at yahoo dotcom providing me with the Cruise Critic id, names of those attending and cabin number.

I know that Amy and Freddy are popular on RSVP and I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay to hear them at the Village Pub on the night before the cruise? The famous (infamous?) Pussy Song is the only song I've ever heard from them and that doesn't seem to merit the expense.

I know that Amy and Freddy are popular on RSVP and I'm wondering if it's worth it to pay to hear them at the Village Pub on the night before the cruise? The famous (infamous?) Pussy Song is the only song I've ever heard from them and that doesn't seem to merit the expense.

If you plan on seeing them on the ship, I don't see a reason to also see them at the Village Pub - unless you are a A&F groupie. :) If you just happened to be there when they perform, its always entertaining.

On the HAL forum someone reports that the Eurodam is currently under Code Red for a norovirus outbreak. I hope they clean it really well by next Saturday.

Oh just bloody peachy! I purposely am not starting a new medication as it has a good chance of a urinary tract infection and I don't want to have that while on vacay! Don't tell me I'm avoiding one thing just to possibly contract another!!!!!!!

I just saw that too.

It' usually not the ship that is the issue but the passengers! And they will all disembark tomorrow and a new set of passengers will get onboard. Hopefully they won't bring the noro virus back on board. There may be crew members sick too but I think HAL has more power in confining sick crew members to their cabins compared to confining passengers. Some people will just not stay in their rooms when sick (""hey, I paid good money for this cruise!") and risk spreading it.

All HAL cruises tart with the first 48 hours in Code Orange to lessen any potential spread of noro when new passengers came on board. Since noro lasts 1 or 2 days, this outbreak so late in a 7 day cruise probably started because someone contracted it at a port.

If during next week's cruise they still have lots of cases and remain in Code Red, they wil lmost likely do a super clean of the ship in Port Everglades and our embarkation could be delayed.

If during next week's cruise they still have lots of cases and remain in Code Red, they wil lmost likely do a super clean of the ship in Port Everglades and our embarkation could be delayed.

Ok.........I'm calm again! :)

About a decade ago I was on a cruise where a lot of people got norovirus including me. Hand sanitizers are not as effective at preventing infection as washing your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.

Anyway, they have a week to wash everything down and the illness only lasts a couple days so they should have time to stop it (I hope).

Jack and I are back late last evening from our quick three days in Frot Lauderdale. We did get a nice start to our tans.

Our traveling companions for this cruise Frank and John, sent me an email that friends of theirs from Ocean Grove, NJ (Summer) and Fort Lauderdale (Winter) just booked. Welcome, Herb Bachmann and Jim Eberle...Cabin 8013.

There has been a huge outbreak of the virus on all ships the past few weeks. Not to much unlike what is going on around most major cities with the flu. HAL should do a good job of cleaning down the next after this week and next weeks sailings. Do touch anything or anyone, wash your hands often and we should be OK.

Hi all, if you have an iPhone and haven't already downloaded it... i've got a free app out there just for our cruise. It's got maps of each deck, daily schedule, entertainment & party lists, etc. Enjoy!

Click Here for App

Hey woohoo,

Just downloaded the App. It's great; thanks for the work!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the meet and greet.

Tommy and Don

I have seen Amy & Freddy many times onboard and would pay to see them too. I have 3 of their cds and especially love the newest one, We Get Along. However Peter does have a point that they will be with us all week in the Caribbean and performing later in the week on Thursday like the headliners that they are (Well at least in my book). I have often enjoyed Amy & Freddy more than the headliners on RSVP.

If you've seen her once, no point in seeing her again. It's the same old gig. I'm sure she'll sing your favorite song for you. :eek::eek:

Have other people noticed the addition of a shuttle bus on Friday evening to/from the host hotes to Wilton Manors sponsored by the Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau? RSVP is listing it on the Currently Booked Guests page of the website.

1 Week! :)

Don

Have other people noticed the addition of a shuttle bus on Friday evening to/from the host hotes to Wilton Manors sponsored by the Fort Lauderdale Convention & Visitors Bureau? RSVP is listing it on the Currently Booked Guests page of the website.

1 Week! :)

Don

These pre cruise parties might be a must attend for a new cruiser such as yourself.

Having attended a few of them over the years, we found the bars are full of two kinds of people. Those going on the cruise, and those that wish they were going. That said, we quickly learned to find something else to do on the evening before the cruise.

Give it a try, then form your own opinion.

Archived