Alcohol Carry On Policy on Disney

Cachco

The carry-on requirement is not that big of a deal if you have a rolling cooler. We easily took a case of wine with us on our Alaskan cruise.

A case of wine for a seven day cruise? Did you even know you were in Alaska? For that matter did you even know you were on a ship?

I think for me, I would skip the wine and just buy a little bottle of Bailey's to bring onto the ship for my coffee. It's much better than cream and sugar. :)

I do however, agree with the water, bring an empty thermos bottle and fill it up before leaving the ship with the ship's water (and ice).

We got sucked into buying a case of water on the first Disney cruise. Then we went up to the top deck and realized there was a drink station there with....... water and ice!!!!

Lesson learned there!

A case of wine for a seven day cruise? Did you even know you were in Alaska? For that matter did you even know you were on a ship?

That's actually not that much wine.

There are only five glasses in a bottle--just about right for dinner.

so...

Seven bottles for dinners

a bottle of Port for night caps

a bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine for Sail-Away

Two bottles of Champagne or sparkling wine for mimosas on sea days

One more bottle depending on your tastes, I'd bring another bottle of Champagne and a Bouchon and have pre-dinner Champagne a few times. We actually like pre-dinner Champagne every night on a cruise, so we'd need a baker's dozen. :D

And yes, we would know we were on a cruise and where we were. That's actually well below the legal limits for the average adult.

I love the idea of pre-dinner champagne

We do it all the time, even at home. A dry Champagne or sparkling wine is a great apéritif.

As long as you put the bouchon on it right after pouring and then pop it in the fridge or wine cooler, it will retain effervescence for another for 2-3 days. Not that an open bottle ever lasts that long...

I've posted this before, but it seems relevant again on this thread...

http://www.thewinecheck.com

This is one of the best ideas ever. Meets all airline/FAA requirements, so no worries about finding an open wine shop with decent pricing/selection before boarding. Just bring it from home.

We're taking ours to Europe this summer--we'll be visiting some small wineries that don't export while we are there, and want to bring some of their wines back with us. :D

Archived