Infinity Questions

katmich12

I am considering booking the Infinity for a 4/1/2013 Panama Canal cruise. We have been on the Solstice. Are the updated Infinity cabins like the Solstice or were the cabins not renovated? Any other reviews of the Infinity are appreciated.

Katmich

We got off of the Infinity one week ago today. The cabin renovation appeared to be primarily the installation of flat panel TVs and new mattresses. No modification of structural details were made to existing cabins though I didn't visit any of the new additions to the 11th deck. (I'm thankful for that since getting less room as we experienced on the Solstice didn't make our top 10.) We were pleased with the changes we saw throughout the ship...Bistro on Five, Qsine, etc. I would also say that the total experience in terms of food and service was the best we've experienced on Celebrity since 2003. Great crew during our sailing! Hope you have as great of cruise if you book the canal.

W

If you are a "lower midship ocean view" person like we are, check out cabins 3112 thru 3144. They were added during the renovation. Cabins 3112 thru 3130 are connecting cabins in pairs (3112-3114), (3116-3118), etc. Cabins 3132 thru 3144 are standard single cabins. The big advantage of these cabins are the HUGE windows.

If you are a "lower midship ocean view" person like we are, check out cabins 3112 thru 3144. They were added during the renovation. Cabins 3112 thru 3130 are connecting cabins in pairs (3112-3114), (3116-3118), etc. Cabins 3132 thru 3144 are standard single cabins. The big advantage of these cabins are the HUGE windows.

That is great information as that is EXACTLY where we were planning to be. Thanks!

I am going on the Millennium in May. The deck plan does not show 3112 & 3114 as connecting cabins. If not connecting, should I pick 3114 or 3132 over 3112 as it is next to the restrooms, will there be any noise from the flushing of toilets?

Thanks.

I am going on the Millennium in May. The deck plan does not show 3112 & 3114 as connecting cabins. If not connecting, should I pick 3114 or 3132 over 3112 as it is next to the restrooms, will there be any noise from the flushing of toilets?

Thanks.

The cabins I was referring to are on the Infinity. I don't know about the other ships. The only reason I'm aware of them is that I booked one for our March 17, 2013 SA/Panama Canal cruise. I was hoping to snag one of the Constellation for this June but those cabins do not exist on the Constellation. The reason for the larger windows is that the space where the cabins were placed used to be offices.

We had one of the deck 3 midship cabins on Infinity for our cruise in January and the cabin was very nice. New bedding, new mattress, the carpet sure looked brand new, too. The port hole window was very large and there is a huge shelf below the porthole that was great for extra storage space.

We got to see lots of beautiful scenery through the Straights of Magellan from the porthole. Actually a better view than from our friend's cabin with a balcony that had such a huge overhang one had to go to the very edge to get a good view.

The deck 3 location was fabulous, too. We almost always get a veranda, but chose this cabin because we worried about weather issues and we were glad we saved the money.

Go for it!

We had one of the deck 3 midship cabins on Infinity for our cruise in January and the cabin was very nice. New bedding, new mattress, the carpet sure looked brand new, too. The port hole window was very large and there is a huge shelf below the porthole that was great for extra storage space.

We got to see lots of beautiful scenery through the Straights of Magellan from the porthole. Actually a better view than from our friend's cabin with a balcony that had such a huge overhang one had to go to the very edge to get a good view.

The deck 3 location was fabulous, too. We almost always get a veranda, but chose this cabin because we worried about weather issues and we were glad we saved the money.

Go for it!

Would you mind telling me which cabin you had? I just changed my cabin to 3132. Even though the Celebrity rep says that 3112-3114 does not show as connecting, I did not want to risk it.

Thanks.

Would you mind telling me which cabin you had? I just changed my cabin to 3132. Even though the Celebrity rep says that 3112-3114 does not show as connecting, I did not want to risk it.

Thanks.

3132 - That's the cabin we have for our SA&Panama cruise in March of 2013. If you go to the Celebrity site and look at the deck plan for the Infinity you will see where the lower number cabins are connecting. The rep we booked with warned us away from them because of possible noise.

Thanks.

We were in 3065. It was pretty much mid ship, just down the hall from the guest relations desk.

We are thinking of taking Infinity through the Canal in October but I am wondering if you know about the WIFI that is supposed to be available in the staterooms -- very important issue for my DH.

I was on deck 3, midship and I had WiFi in my cabin. It was a strong signal, but the server was not always working. Probably interference with the satellite receiver.

It's rather slow. If your DH is expecting cable speed, it's not gonna happen. Think dial up.

Archived