ABC Questions

like2cruise

We are considering the 1/2 day tour with ABC tour. I have tried twice, but have not gotten any information back from my e-mails to them. It looks like the half day jeeps hold 12 and the the all day jeeps hold 6 according to the information I saw on their website. Is this right? Will you feel crammed in the jeep of 12? Do you think this tour gives you a nice look at the highlights of the island? Can you be dropped off at Eagle Beach at the end of the tour? What time did you get back? I want to make sure I have time to shop? :) Is shopping right at the pier...so many questions, thanks in advance for any information.

• 2 weeks later...

i booked with abc for june....although i have not done the excursion yet i was informed that they were having problems with there web site.....i would keep trying......when i booked they responded instantly

I've been having some problems with ABC Tours over the past week, actually. I tried to book through their website (which didn't work) and I was informed that their webserver is down. When I initially e-mailed ABC, they were very quick to respond, and kept me well informed of the problems with their server.

Since the server was down for several days, it came to the point where we needed to book the tour manually (via phone). I was assured that someone from their company would contact me to complete the reservation, but that has not happened -- and now they do not respond to email messages, either!

We're likely going to go with another company down there ...

I e-mailed late last night and had an email at 5:45 this morning from Marvin K. if interested in trying one more time :-) We are doing the half day tour and this is what he wrote in response to my questions:

HI Glenda,

The stops with the half day Xtreme Safari are, Bushiribana Ruins of Gold, Ostrich Farm, Natural Bridge and the Natural Pool for swimming and snorkeling.

We can drop you off at Eagle Beach, but you should tell your tour guide.

We are using the 8 passenger jeeps and sometimes the 12, every thing depends on the schedule.

Thanks,

ABC Reservation Team

Thanks, like2cruise. I last e-mailed Marvin yesterday (Wed) afternoon, asking him to please email me or call me as soon as he could but never heard back. If you received a response this morning from an e-mail late last night, the only thing I can deduce is that he made a conscious decision to not respond to my e-mail.

Not a good way to run a business, if you ask me -- especially one so reliant on word-of-mouth and referrals!

Anyway, thanks again, I appreciate your feedback! :)

• 1 month later...

Apparently, ABC has got their stuff together, now.

I have communicated via emails, several times recently, and received timely responses. Marvin has always been happy to answer my many questions.

Couldn't ask for better communication. Plan on booking with them, for a half day tour.

We went on the all day Jeep Safari last December and it was the highlight of our vacation. You will see everything on it. The only word of caution I would tell people is that if you are not an expert on an automatic truck do not volunteer to drive. My husband made that mistake and they hired a driver for us halfway through. Even people who regularly drive stick shifts had problems. The tour is exciting but not for people who are out of shape. Have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the 1/2 day extreme tour and enjoyed it. I had no problems booking it. The only part i didn't like was the ostrich farm. Way too long, and the lunch was horrible. I agree with the part about not volunteering to drive unless you are very good at driving stick shift and have experience with driving 4X4. Some of the "roads" down to the natural pool are very rough and steep.

Archived