Your favorite "dance/rock bands" and where are they now?"

manmtnmike

WE just got off the Pride and there was no cover band BUT We had a great time in the Piano Bar with Roger whose brothers are Blood Power and he used to be with them. But no band.

Ok... So we've got :

Music Degree on the Fantasy, which I will serious follow for our early Sept cruise choice.

Blackjack - on Dream

Bloodpower -on the Magic??? still there?

Music Manilla -on The Splendor?

Revolver- on the Paradise

Music Highlights- on The Freedom

MUSIC BOARDWALK- on The Miracle ~

Music Mix?? Blood Power?? Where are you??

Please correct or add especially those who just returned.

Thanks...

Mike

Hi Rock Cover Band lovers!

Just recieved info from the entertainment dept and spoke with the man who books the bands...Great guy, and he shared the difficulties of accurate info after the bands return home on vacation. Gov't stuff and regs...

So, here's some misc items we talked about:

-They are looking to place bands on Pride and Legend-presently w/o a band. No time frame yet...

All this subject to change....

Bands just signed for new contracts...

Music Mix will begin 3/8 on Fascination

Highlight (not Music Highlight-different band) on 3/8 Triumph

Music ( something-begins with a "C") on 3/8 Glory

New band Hilux -on Spirit in March

Music Society-Magic

Music Boardwalk currently on Miracle probably till May, then to Fantasy

Music Unlimited back to Miracle in May

Possible Blood Power back to Magic in May

Expect each band to have 8 month cotracts, but also could change as well as the ship.

This is not all-inclusive but just from the notes I jotted down.

Will do e-mail correspodance in future

I'll check back for more info.

Hope this helps!

Mike

Hi Rock Cover Band lovers!

Just recieved info from the entertainment dept and spoke with the man who books the bands...Great guy, and he shared the difficulties of accurate info after the bands return home on vacation. Gov't stuff and regs...

So, here's some misc items we talked about:

-They are looking to place bands on Pride and Legend-presently w/o a band. No time frame yet...

All this subject to change....

Bands just signed for new contracts...

Music Mix will begin 3/8 on Fascination

Highlight (not Music Highlight-different band) on 3/8 Triumph

Music ( something-begins with a "C") on 3/8 Glory

New band Hilux -on Spirit in March

Music Society-Magic

Music Boardwalk currently on Miracle probably till May, then to Fantasy

Music Unlimited back to Miracle in May

Possible Blood Power back to Magic in May

Expect each band to have 8 month cotracts, but also could change as well as the ship.

This is not all-inclusive but just from the notes I jotted down.

Will do e-mail correspodance in future

I'll check back for more info.

Hope this helps!

Mike

My husband and I are with you...:)

I think we'll wait until final payment to make sure we don't get a bummer band as well!;)

My husband and I are with you...:)

I think we'll wait until final payment to make sure we don't get a bummer band as well!;)

Do you mean with us, like on "next cruise" or bands are THAT important to you as well:D

BTW... we'll probably change are next cruise, have to wait and see what band lands on Pride by end of Aug 2012.

Mike

WE just got off the Pride and there was no cover band BUT We had a great time in the Piano Bar with Roger whose brothers are Blood Power and he used to be with them. But no band.

That stinks!! We'll be on the Pride in May! Loved the bands on the Miracle and Destiny so we were looking forward to hearing a good band on the Pride. Oh well!! Maybe they'll find someone before we sail!!

Going on liberty in 3 weeks and I consider myself a good judge of cover bands and will post here when I get back!!

I think you will be disappointed.

Not sure who the cover band is or if there is one, but a recent Liberty review noted that there wer several music lisitng in the FunTimes, only 2 without the DJ prefix were "New Dawn" and "High Rise". There is a New Dawn cover band out of the Pac NW that's been a round a long time, not sure if they do cruises or if this is another New Dawn. High Rise is a quartet with a female lead that does play on Carnival Ships, they were on the Spirit last year, covering everything from 50s to Disco to Metal. They have some You Tubes out.

Edited by crewsweeper

It was my understanding that the "Music" bands no longer had there contract with CCL. That info is about a year old, so I do not know the status now. I personally haven't seen any of them in quite a number of years. Blood Power, I THINK, is on the Magic currently. I will also highly recommend the BlackJack Band.

I haven't seen a REAL band on any of my last 4 cruises. Only Reggae and DJ crap. Blood Power and Blackjack were my favs, however.

thanks MMM - very helpful! Magic and Blood Power is looking better for us. Even if not, we like Music Society as well.

I would love to have that booking agent contact info if it's okay to share with me. :D

crystalatdiscprodotcom

Sorry Tex Chick,

Wish I could, but...No can do, was sworn to secrecy:D

MMMike

COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND; but PLEASE keep me in the loop - ;)

Tex Chick,

Let me know specifically what I can relay ...If it's about Blood Power, I'll let you know when I do...probably May on Magic..

Here's a thought...how do we start a thread re. cruise booking with like-minded "fun" folks. into enjoying the rock classics..:)

. ...without making it an "Official group cruise":)

MMMike

Tex Chick,

Let me know specifically what I can relay ...If it's about Blood Power, I'll let you know when I do...probably May on Magic..

Here's a thought...how do we start a thread re. cruise booking with like-minded "fun" folks. into enjoying the rock classics..:)

. ...without making it an "Official group cruise":)

MMMike

are you thinking just a thread that will continuously stay new? And as folks get off cruises, they can report who was playing on that ship at that time? If so, I would suggest starting a thread like the "All things Dream" thread that continuously moves. Each of us could take turns "bumping it up" and keeping it current

If you mean trying to plan cruises together to travel together, according to the band playing - well, that another story and I have no idea how to start something like that.

It was my understanding that the "Music" bands no longer had there contract with CCL. That info is about a year old, so I do not know the status now. I personally haven't seen any of them in quite a number of years. Blood Power, I THINK, is on the Magic currently. I will also highly recommend the BlackJack Band.

I haven't seen a REAL band on any of my last 4 cruises. Only Reggae and DJ crap. Blood Power and Blackjack were my favs, however.

Reggae, ska, steel drums are all good choices for Caribbean cruise groups.:) Better than the canned stuff. They're not RnR though:(

are you thinking just a thread that will continuously stay new? And as folks get off cruises, they can report who was playing on that ship at that time?

If so, I would suggest starting a thread like the "All things Dream" thread that continuously moves. Each of us could take turns "bumping it up" and keeping it current

That's my hope...for those of us that value this info...I think it would helpful to try to keep it current.

Especially now with CCL assistance, as well as gleening from the most recent reviews. If this threads stays alive for awhile, we can request a change of thread title.

If you mean trying to plan cruises together to travel together, according to the band playing - well, that another story and I have no idea how to start something like that.

Yeah...you're right.

Often we've found that a informal group who met on board (who we're more into the bands and rock venues) would wander around together when a band was done, and disco or piano bar was the happening spot.

Mike

Not sure who the cover band is or if there is one, but a recent Liberty review noted that there wer several music lisitng in the FunTimes, only 2 without the DJ prefix were "New Dawn" and "High Rise". There is a New Dawn cover band out of the Pac NW that's been a round a long time, not sure if they do cruises or if this is another New Dawn. High Rise is a quartet with a female lead that does play on Carnival Ships, they were on the Spirit last year, covering everything from 50s to Disco to Metal. They have some You Tubes out.

Thanks for the Info!! I will find out the real scoop next week and take a couple pics of the bands if there are in fact any there!!

Thanks for the Info!! I will find out the real scoop next week and take a couple pics of the bands if there are in fact any there!!

Check if Mambo Chilango is still playing too. Not cover rock but as close as Carnival now gets to anything remotely resembling Caribbean music, and cumbia is very danceable.

Check if Mambo Chilango is still playing too. Not cover rock but as close as Carnival now gets to anything remotely resembling Caribbean music, and cumbia is very danceable.

Thanks, Going to give a report on all live music on the liberty!!:)

Thanks, Going to give a report on all live music on the liberty!!:)

Thanks much!!

The Liberty is on our short list for the 9/1 sailing...:)

We're hoping the Pride out of Balt. gets a great band so we would be able to drive and avoid flying.

Also, we've added the Miracle, because of Music Unlimited returning in May.

Mike