Piton Heights Nature Trail

bgjj04

Has anyone done this excursion while in St. Lucia? We're heading there in a month aboard the Serenade of the Seas, and are considering it; but I'm curious if it's worth the time.

We're doing the Seven Sisters Falls hike in Grenada the day before. I'm worried that the two may be similar enough in terms of hiking through a forest, and the view won't be enough to make up for the lost time and similarities.

Unless I am way, way off on knowing the island - this "hike" is along the Tet Paul nature trail and there is nowhere in the world where you will have views similar to what you will see along this trail - it winds along the ridge above the Pitons and offers spectacular views of the island interior, the Pitons themselves, the ocean and on a clear day out to both Martinique in the north and St. Vincent in the south. It is absolutely breathtaking.

It is less of a rainforest hike and more of a sightseeing walk/hike. Seriously the views are simply breathtaking and the short tour of the plantation and experience of the old country life (short tour) is very interesting also.

There are no waterfalls or anything of that sort on this walk/hike - it is very much about the bit of country & plantation life, and the views over the ocean and Pitons. Absolutely nothing like it anywhere else in the world.

I would definitely go for it. You will not be sorry. And at $56US pp, it is not a bad deal. A taxi to the area would cost you around $150US at least r/t, guides are $10US pp, etc. So, it is not a bad deal through RCCL either.

Definitely go for it and enjoy your visit!

Archived