Ne Plus Ultra

Richard Schmidt

Has anyone looked at Carnival's last-minute fares on QM2's trans-Atlantic crossings for May and June? I am cancelling my subscription to my local newspaper in order to cover the cost of me and my twelve family members to cross (round trip!) on this the "biggest, widest, tallest, deepest, cubist, leftist, and very definitely cheapist" ship in the world. God help us.

Richard, what are these fares? We could do with some of them this sice of the pond.

David.

I got an e-mail on 2 April from Cunard offering the 10 April New York to Southampton crossing for $699 inside or $799 outside and $899 balcony. April 22 was $699 inside and $999 balcony. These were cruise only fares.

I have had other e-mails from travel agents as well. The early season New York to Southampton prices seem to be more of a bargain than the other direction.

I got an e-mail on 2 April from Cunard offering the 10 April New York to Southampton crossing for $699 inside or $799 outside and $899 balcony. April 22 was $699 inside and $999 balcony. These were cruise only fares.

I have had other e-mails from travel agents as well. The early season New York to Southampton prices seem to be more of a bargain than the other direction.

And then the B6 outside balcony (obstructed view) dropped to $699 days before the sailing. I guess the Carnival message to all of us is "wait 'til the last minute to book." Very unfortunate for those who book early and often.

Richard

Archived