Liberty Room 1048 Question

kelikea

My husband and I are booked for the Thanksgiving cruise on the Liberty in room 1048. It is an inside room. We were wondering what the location was like. Has anyone been in this room before or on that floor? From what I understand, it's under the spa and gym. Do you hear any noise? Also, I know it is close to the pool, which is awesome, but do you ever hear any noise from the pool?

We are also considering changing to room 1003. It is on that same floor, just down the hall. I've seen pictures of the room. It has a strange layout and a pole in the middle of the room, which is weird. Has anyone stayed here? It must be a handicapped room. Is it worth it to change to that room to get some extra space?

Also, when you walk out into the pool area, which deck are you walking out on? Where the waterslide ends?

1048 should be fine. You're directly below the Spa so I sure wouldn't worry about noise!! You won't hear a sound from the Lido Deck pool area... you're separated by doors and a big chunk of ship!

1003 is a modified cabin... the beds do not convert into a king... an important consideration.

When you walk outside you'll be one deck above the Lido and the pool. The slide entrance is actually up a few decks on 14... the Sky Deck...

:)

1048 should be fine. You're directly below the Spa so I sure wouldn't worry about noise!! You won't hear a sound from the Lido Deck pool area... you're separated by doors and a big chunk of ship!

1003 is a modified cabin... the beds do not convert into a king... an important consideration.

When you walk outside you'll be one deck above the Lido and the pool. The slide entrance is actually up a few decks on 14... the Sky Deck...

This is incorrect. The beds in 1003 DO convert to a King, although the Carnival website states that they do not. I stayed in 1004 a few weeks ago and met the couple that were in 1003. They had the king configuration as well.

This row of cabins is directly under the gym treadmills. I'm a light sleeper and never heard any noise from above. I also know I was in my cabin when there was someone on the treadmill above me, as I had seen them on it while I was out on the deck ... still heard nothing in my room.

I really liked the deck 10 location. It was a short walk to the Serenity deck, and you're out on Lido deck in no time. It was a bit of a walk to t he aft dining room, but eh a pit stop at the Alchemy bar made it all good. :D

Post #6 in my review linked HERE, shows pictures of 1004, which was identical to 1003.

While there is extra space, the room configuration is a bit weird. I kind of miss having an area to sit, instead of having to use the bed. The "secret deck" right out the door, was a bonus.

This is incorrect. The beds in 1003 DO convert to a King, although the Carnival website states that they do not. I stayed in 1004 a few weeks ago and met the couple that were in 1003. They had the king configuration as well.

This row of cabins is directly under the gym treadmills. I'm a light sleeper and never heard any noise from above. I also know I was in my cabin when there was someone on the treadmill above me, as I had seen them on it while I was out on the deck ... still heard nothing in my room.

I really liked the deck 10 location. It was a short walk to the Serenity deck, and you're out on Lido deck in no time. It was a bit of a walk to t he aft dining room, but eh a pit stop at the Alchemy bar made it all good. :D

Post #6 in my review linked HERE, shows pictures of 1004, which was identical to 1003.

While there is extra space, the room configuration is a bit weird. I kind of miss having an area to sit, instead of having to use the bed. The "secret deck" right out the door, was a bonus.

That's good to know. Friends of ours had similar cabins on the Empress deck and those beds did not convert...

:)

do you have pic of the cabin

Loved deck 10 on Liberty. We had a balcony cabin and it was quiet and convenient to everything up front!!!

Glad to hear because we have a balcony up there for next year. Never been above deck 7 and usually in the aft. Did you find the movement to be worse or no big deal?

do you have pic of the cabin

yes, my review of my sailing is linked in my signature. Pictures of #1004 start in post #6. The ship names in my signature are the links to my CC trip reports for that sailing. The itinerary name is a link to my photo album

I was been booked in cabin 1003 back in 2009. It was a last minute booking. The cabin is a handicap room. Which we are not but, it was the cabin assigned to us. It is more open and has a much larger bathroom with a fold down bench in the large shower. We liked the fact that we could walk out that secret door to the big open deck and just watch the scenery. We were girlfriends so there was no need to move the beds together but, as listed it says you can not but, the beds did appear to able to be moved together. OH, and I can't forget to mention the big window too!

Archived