Poss cruise with elderly grandparents

huneymoonerz

DH's grandparents are very spry for 90+ years old. They cruise HAL about 3x a year. We've talked a bit about cruising with them. It's their dream vacation (as is ours) but wondering if it would be too much for them to go on Carnival instead of HAL? They're fairly classy folks but also like to have a good time. Still, they are more into wine tasting than Hairy Chest Contests. They are in fantastic health -- no canes, wheelchairs, etc. I hope I am in the shape they are in when I'm 70 let alone 90!

We're big on Carnival due to our kids being only 1.5 and 3.5. The cruise would be when they're 2 and 4.

Do you think his GP's would be comfortable on a FunShip or should DH and I switch to HAL? :)

They sound like my grandmother was. She was like that and lived into her mid 90's, would have loved a cruise. Also my Godmother, was like that, at 80 years of age, she lay on beach towel on the beach in ST Petes Beach Fla for hours just loving to watch the people go by, watching the waves come in and the sea gulls swooping , no complaints of aches and pains, yet I who was 40, was squirming and groaning that the sand was too hard. My point;

They may be 90, but they still feel like they are 50 or 60. There are things on Carnival that they might like. There are wine tastings, martini tastings, and there is "tea time" on sea days. There are quiet decks where one can read or just lay back and snooze. You might also be surprised that they like some the livelier events!

I suggest you tell them what to expect on board, give a broad view of the possibilities. You might be more worried than necessary. Have a great cruise whichever you choose.:)

P.S, not to be negative, and Im sure you already know this, but make sure you all "all", have adequate travel insurance. Anything can happen to any of you, any age.

Archived