Are we cutting it close by flying into Orlando night before cruise??

We get into Orlando at 9:35pm and are staying at a hotel there and driving to Port Canaveral. Is this cutting it too close? We're coming from DC and it's a two hour flight, with no layover. Also, we're flying in August.

Sure would hate to miss the sailing :D , but read a horror story online today.

Kim

In my opinion, you're just fine. Even if you got delayed on your flight and had to come in the next morning, you'll still have plenty of time. The port is roughly an hour from the airport. Orlando also has excellent transportation options. Have a great cruise!!!

Flying from Wisconsin, taking a direct flight to Orlando, we've been able (lucky) to make it to the ship with absolutely no problem by about noon each time. Being sensible and going the night before on a direct flight should be no problem, barring freak occurences.

You should have no problem. The best horror story I ever read on the boards was someone who was goig to cozumel. Missed the ship do to flight problems. Lost thier luggage, drove to meet the ship had passport problems and it went on and on. It would have made for a great movie sort of a cruise "Money Pit". We live in Florida and I panic everytime we will miss the ship. Not happy until I see the ship within walking distance!!! lol

On our last cruise out of Pt Canaveral, we stayed at the Radisson in nearby Cape Canaveral. Price was not too bad and they had free shuttle to the pier. If renting a car in Orlando, suggest Budget. They have a dropoff near the pier. Either way, if staying in Orlando, dropoff is convienent the day of embarkation. If staying in Cape Canaveral, it is still an economical transfer means. If driving a private car, I think Radisson offers free duration of cruise parking.

We always fly into Orlando the night before, and have never had a problem with being late to the ship. I purposely fly in a day early, just so I don't run into any delays on sailing day. We have stayed at the airport Hyatt, and the airport Renaissance Hotel, and had a shuttle pick us up and get us to the port in plenty of time.

Good luck....I'm certain your plans will work out just great!

Archived