How to fill out the Price Protection Claim Form

amyj23

Forgive me if this has already been answered on here, but I couldn't find it through a search... I filled out my Price Protection Claim Form and am worried that I did it wrong... On the section that asks "What is the total fare that you see available for your specific ship, sailing date, stateroom category and number of guests?", I put the total including taxes. Should I have simply put in the base fare? Or does it even matter? Since the price drop was on Carnival's website, I'm guessing that they will be able to simply look at my booking amount and the new amount and see that it's $30/pp cheaper now. The taxes aren't an issue as the taxes on the new rate and the rate we booked it at are exactly the same. Thanks for any input...

As far as I know you're supposed to fill in the fare without taxes, as that is what you can see in the Fare Viewer.

If they think you did it wrong you'll receive an e-mail about that soon enough. If you can send them a screenshot to prove you were right, they are most likely to apply the obc afterwards.

I have submitted several Price Protection forms, and I always go through the fake booking process and then submit the total including taxes and fees. Then in the box that asks for a web page link, I put the link to the fake booking page where I'm looking at the price. It has always gone through without a problem.

New to Carnival but am wondering why you have to go through this procedure. It seems like if you are before final payment, you should be able to just call up your PVP and have them adjust the price. I have another question - I THOUGHT my PVP told me that even after final payment, if the price drops you will get OBC for the difference. Is that true?? (Not true for the other cruise lines I have sailed.)

New to Carnival but am wondering why you have to go through this procedure. It seems like if you are before final payment, you should be able to just call up your PVP and have them adjust the price. I have another question - I THOUGHT my PVP told me that even after final payment, if the price drops you will get OBC for the difference. Is that true?? (Not true for the other cruise lines I have sailed.)

IF you book Early Saver , then it is true about after final payment.

Yes you get the OBC after final payment but you have to submit the form or have your PVP do it.

I have no idea who my PVP is. We called the main number on Carnival to book. The form takes about 1 minute to fill out. That's a lot quicker than calling a PVP that might not even be there. Not to mention, I don't know her number. And yes, you get OBC. On our last B2B, we had so much OBC, we didn't even pay for anything on the boat. I believe we had in the $200 range for each cruise.... (We don't buy much on the boat besides alcohol...)

• 2 weeks later...

Yea they will give you the drop for everyone in the cabin. 2 yrs ago I ended up with $400 in obc. There were 2 of us in the room. It was 200 each. We got onboard it gave us the 400 obc but just applied it under one of our names. Not the one that sent in the forms either.My daughter had booked the cruise for me & her. I watched & sent in all the price forms & I even put down in the comments that the drop I saw was EACH. Gave each of our names, however it gave her 400 obc....Me nothing!! We simply went to guest services & had them change it.

Archived