The Intercontinental Hotel

What type of room would this board recommend? City view, Pool view, or Ocean view?

Opinions on where you stayed would be great....I'm looking to book this hotel for our post cruise honeymoon relaxation spot....

would there be an even better hotel than this? i've looked at many pictures of hotels in PR and this looks awesome!

Thanks....

Hotel Intercontinental is beautiful, we stayed there in February. It was on the expensive side but we had someone who hadn't cruised before and we really wanted them to see the ships when they woke up in the morning. We all got up pretty early and saw the sunrise, the ships, and dolphins playing in the water below us. Wow what an experience it was. I wasn't sure what the body of water was I just kept calling to confirm that we had a view of the cruise ships, I think they called it a bayview. The staff was great, we got in very late (11:30) the night before our cruise due to flight delay and they took special care of my mother who was having cancer treatments so needed a wheelchair. So I guess I would recommend the bayview!

Stayed at the Intercontinental on 4/8, got it through easyclicktravel for $153 total incl. all taxes, the going rate at the time was $300 + for that night. I requested a portview room when filling in the booking info. A week before our arrival I called to confirm directly with the hotel and asked about the portview room and was told it would cost an additional $25. I decided to wait and see what kind of room we were assigned upon arrival which was the portview at as requested with no extra charge. It is a great hotel, right at Bayside Village and the service was top-notch. I woke up at 4am, we had left our drapes open being on the 21st floor, and watched our ship sail in and dock after doing a 180 in the turn bay. Great way to start the cruise!

Got 2 rooms at this hotel through Hotwire for 124.00 including all taxes (for each room). We were assigned great rooms on the 16th floor with awesome views of the ships . My friends and I were very pleased and would not hesitate to stay ther again.

Please note that the pool area is very nice but the sun is blocked all day by the condo's they built next to the hotel from 10am on.

Enjoy.

In April 2003 we (husband and I and 2 daughters) stayed in 2 ocean view rooms very top floor. Each had a very small balcony which was nice. I don't know about any of the other views but the opposite side (street side) of the hotel had a view of airplanes as they flew up. I wouldn't choose that side.

Archived