Kids club questions for Cruisemama06?

lesleyswimcoach

CruisinMama LOL! OMG! I just read your post about the rubber shark! That is exactly what I am talking about...it's like they had no idea how to deal with young toddlers!

We didn't leave our kids in the club when certain staff members were working. When we did leave them it was only for 30 min periods here and there. What really struck me though...was on the last day of the cruise we got stuck outside of port because of the weather. It ended up being a full day delay....anyways we were in the kids club with our children and my kids were trying to say "hi" to the counselors and they just didn't respond. They talked to the parents and acted as if the kids weren't even there. You wouldn't expect camp counselors to be so cold! They made it really clear that they were off the clock!

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisinmama06....I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you and your family at a cruise in the near future. You are hilarious!!!!

Now, to defend your right and my right to use the word Kid in any which way we want when referring to our Children (whom are NOT Goats, but rather young persons/sons/daughters)(sorry, couldn't resist)....;)

From the Merriam Webster Dictionary

(Found at: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/kid)

1kid noun \ˈkid\

Definition of KID

1: a young goat b: a young individual of various animals related to the goat

2: the flesh, fur, or skin of a kid b: something made of kid

3: a young person; especially: child —often used as a generalized reference to one especially younger or less experienced

kid defined for kids »

1kid #"]audio.gif/ˈkɪd/noun (plural kids)

1. informal:

a: a son or daughter :child

b: a young person

2. a. young goat

b.a soft leather made from the skin of a young goat

new kid on the block

: someone who has recently joined a particular group

(Refer to: <a href="http://www.learnersdictionary.com/search/kid">kid</a>)

[Emphasis added by high-lighting in red the definition]

I was wondering what the infamous rubber shark attack story was! That really is hysterical.

We were on the Carnival Glory last year when DS had his first camp carnival experience at age 2 and thankfully, ours was much less eventful. He is regularly in a daycare setting and is generally social so he was fine playing with the other kids and will generally behave but he's a very active toddler. I thought at least the 2-5 yr old staff on the Glory was pretty good overall and my son seemed to enjoy the activities.

We'll be trying out the NCL program next month and I'm hoping that he'll have a great time there too.

Fjvigor1 - thank you for the validation of the word "kid" and I would be happy to sail with you anytime! :)

NJFoodie - We didn't have any real problems on Elation - which is why we jumped on Sensation and then Triumph. It just all depends on the current crew. The Triumph was certainly in a class of its own ;) Be sure to let us know how things go on NCL. Have a great cruise!

Archived