St. Patrick's Day in Mexico...

kornuttle

anyone have any experiences?? I read that a lot of Mexico celebrates the holiday. I am going to be in Ensenada this year on St. Paddy's, so I was wondering if any of you have ever been in Mexico for the beer drinking holiday and if there were any special festivities to look forward to?? Thanks! :D

anyone have any experiences?? I read that a lot of Mexico celebrates the holiday. I am going to be in Ensenada this year on St. Paddy's, so I was wondering if any of you have ever been in Mexico for the beer drinking holiday and if there were any special festivities to look forward to?? Thanks! :D

It's not a holiday celebrated by Mexicans. There will be relatively few bars which cater exclusively to USA tourists who may have a few signs up or a party, but nothing like you'd see in the USA. I'm thinking Puerto Vallarta and Cancun may have some things happening, because those two places are so innundated by folks from north of the border.

I googled on the subject and apparently a lot of Mexico celebrates due to the fact that a lot of Irish immigrated to Mexico in the 1830's-40's. They fought alongside the Mexicans in the Mexican-American war, they were actually called the St. Patrick Battalion (or St. Patricio). I was just wondering if anyone had actually been in Mexico to celebrate the holiday first hand.

Archived