Outdated info on Azamara site? I hope!

Hermione60

I have booked the Azamara 23rd Dec. crsuie, Singapore round trip. I have also booked, and paid for in full, airplane tickets, round trip Geneva-Singapore. I wanted to show our itinerary to a friend so I went to the Azamara Cruise site and looked for it. The cruise title is "Singapore", and the list of ports begins and ends with Singapore, but the description reads:

"Framed by the great cities of Singapore and Hong Kong, this voyage features four overnights—two in Bangkok and two in Vietnam—for a diverse experience of Asia. Two and a half days in Bangkok give you time to explore the Grand Palace and temples, including the famous reclining Buddha at Wat Pho. You’ll also have time to shop, visit the fascinating Jim Thompson House, and enjoy Bangkok’s legendary nightlife. In Ho Chi Minh City, a modern city of fashion, nightlife and skyscrapers, soak up the sights and sounds of bustling Ben Thanh market and the peaceful temples of Chinatown. Watch dazzling fireworks over the Saigon River from the ship on New Year’s Eve. You’ll also sail to Halong Bay, a World Heritage site of more than 3,000 karsts and islands. Your voyage concludes in Hong Kong, which you’ll want extra days to explore.":confused:

Now I'm getting scared... I sure hope it's an error! I'd phone them, only I'm in Switzerland, so the timing is difficult (although I will do it if no one here can answer it).

Sorry - I cannot really help you but most cruises with Azamara seem to start in one place and finish in another. So, it would seem that Singapore to Hong Kong is more likely than a round trip. Have you looked to see if their is a roll call for the trip that you have booked for - it might give you the answer there. Other than that you could try the UK contact details the timing is nearly the same as Geneva.

Sorry that I could not give the answer

If it gives you any comfort when you click through beyond that explanation on the UK site it shows a port by port itinerary which shows the Journey as a round trip out of Singapore on 23rd December returning on 6th January to Singapore so hopefully it is just that the narrative has got out of line here and all is well for you - enjoy Journey when you get to that time, she is a wonderful ship

Just checked on a travel agents site and it shows as a round trip but in the Azamara brochure that I have it states Singapore to Hong Kong!

Confused!!

So - really do think that a phone call to Azamara is the answer. Sorry

There does not appear to be a visible cruise scheduled between 6th and 18th of Jan.

The next visible trip after your cruise departs from Singapore.

There was talk of a visit to the makeover factory in Singapore,maybe that is the plan.

if so, you would expect it to be Singapore to Singapore. however I'm speculating.

Hello Hermione60 -

Good news! The port description information that you're seeing for the Azamara Journey is indeed outdated. Originally, this Journey 14-night voyage was planned and published in the North American Destination Guide to operate from Singapore to Hong Kong, Dec 23, 2012 - Jan 06, 2013. Subsequently, however, Azamara re-scheduled its dry dock to be performed in Singapore, January 6 - 18, 2013, which explains the round-trip Singapore deployment.

I appreciate your time and effort to bring this discrepancy to our attention and I'm sorry for your confusion. I have requested a website update from our marketing team.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard later this year!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Archived