Cabin Change Advice

ualisthebst

DW and I are booked on an upcoming Solstice cruise in a C2 cabin. We aren't thrilled with the location and have been checking regularly for openings in other areas of the ship. Twice now I've found availability on the bump out, but by the time my TA calls the cabins are gone.

Does anyone have any advice how to make sure I lock in a cabin before it disappears? I hate to keep bugging my TA.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Have your TA put you on a wait list for an area of cabins that you wish. You should be aware that you will be charged a higher rate if the prices have gone up.

Twice now I've found availability on the bump out, but by the time my TA calls the cabins are gone.

They may not really be gone... If you are looking at any travel site online and you select that room in one of your searches, you are the one that has just taken it off the market.

When you are looking, make sure you do not select the room. Then call your TA and ask them to get it done for you. It may take them a couple of tries to get it accomplished, but if they are worth a grain of salt, they will get it done for you :)

They may not really be gone... If you are looking at any travel site online and you select that room in one of your searches, you are the one that has just taken it off the market.

When you are looking, make sure you do not select the room. Then call your TA and ask them to get it done for you. It may take them a couple of tries to get it accomplished, but if they are worth a grain of salt, they will get it done for you :)

Thanks for the quick reply...I was not aware of this! Much appreciated.

What about this idea? Go in and do a mock booking and put a 24 hour hold on the room you want. Then call your TA--when she is ready, you can go into the X website and cancel your 'hold' which then frees up the room, and she can immediately claim it for you. I have done ths before and it worked!

What about this idea? Go in and do a mock booking and put a 24 hour hold on the room you want. Then call your TA--when she is ready, you can go into the X website and cancel your 'hold' which then frees up the room, and she can immediately claim it for you. I have done ths before and it worked!

Thats a great idea that I had not thought of before!

Archived