One more ? for the night--cabin for 3 with a pull down

I guess I'm on a roll tonight;)! We have been involved in mission trips for the past three years, so this is the first time I've been able to dream of cruising in a while. Sooooo give me break!!! We are still headed to South America this May for missions, but we are seriously thinking of booking a Thanksgiving cruise on the Conquest. Now to my question. When looking at booking a room for 3, the rooms I have been looking at have two beds that can be converted to a king and a pull down. How big is the pull down? My 15 year old is almost 6 ft right now, and I'm not sure that he would fit. He's a big boy--sized 14 shoe and still growing---football and baseball player. Have any of you stayed in a cabin with a pull down and is there some kind of length/weight limit. Thanks for letting me ramble and dream with y'all tonight! I hope that by this time next week, we will be booked:D!!!!

Ours chose to use the sofa (and it wasn't convertable!). It wasn't comfortable, but the lack of headroom above the pull-down bothered him. I don't think length would have really been a problem, but he didn't try it.

The pull down is about the same size as the other beds. Definitely try to get the pullman and not a trundle which I have heard is smaller than the pullman beds.

We had two pulldowns & 1 trundle in our room and the trundle was definitely much shorter! I can't say much for the length of the pulldowns as my girls aren't even 5 feet tall yet. ;)

I've slept on a pull down several times. I am not six foot, but I thought they were comfortable. I believe there is a 250 lb weight limit. Sitting up might be just a little closer for him since he is taller, but I think he will be fine. The Conquest does not have trundles, so you don't have to worry about that.

Your son should have no problem with the pull down bed. Both my son and daughter slept in them well into their 20's. They're the same basic size as the regular twin bed and very sturdy. Unless your son weighs well over 250 lbs, I don't think there's an issue. Have fun!

The only time we used a cabin, for 3, with a pull down - my son was about 16 and he was around 6', at that time. He wears a size 14, as well. Anyway, he said the bed, itself was comfortable if you laid in the same position all night. Rolling over and getting in and out of the bed was difficult. Forget sitting up, in bed. Several times we would hear something hit the wall, in the middle of the night and him letting out a "Owwww!" He was able to laugh about it, but we never did 3 in a room again.

Archived