Celebrity Stateroom for Families

Terpsfan1

Looking for some help regarding which stateroom is best for a family of four:

On one of the sites I noticed that Celebrity has a type of stateroom that has a divider between the "bedroom part" and the sitting area part of the room. I believe that it was a balcony room. Could anyone tell me what that type of room is called and if it is found on all classes of ship? Are they all balcony rooms, etc.

The cabin you're looking for is called a Family View ("FV") stateroom and there are different variations of it on the M class (Summit, Millennium, Infinity and Constellation) and the S class (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection).

Generally speaking these cabins do not show up as available on Celebrity's web site, but rather you have to contact Celebrity through a travel agent or directly. Generally these are held for groups of 5 unless it is close to sailing date and they haven't been sold yet, although I know of some cases where a group of four has been able to book them far in advance. It might depend on the time of year and itinerary the ship is sailing.

You might also consider connecting staterooms, especially if your children are older. A connecting cabin will give you the benefit of two bathrooms and nicer beds (the FV cabins on M class only have regular beds for 2 and the rest are sofa beds). If your kids are old enough you can also consider adjacent cabins or cabins across the hall from each other. When our kids were older teens we sailed in a balcony cabin with the kids in an inside across the hall, and when they were young adults we made sure they were on a different floor!

The cabin you're looking for is called a Family View ("FV") stateroom and there are different variations of it on the M class (Summit, Millennium, Infinity and Constellation) and the S class (Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse, Silhouette, Reflection).

Generally speaking these cabins do not show up as available on Celebrity's web site, but rather you have to contact Celebrity through a travel agent or directly. Generally these are held for groups of 5 unless it is close to sailing date and they haven't been sold yet, although I know of some cases where a group of four has been able to book them far in advance. It might depend on the time of year and itinerary the ship is sailing.

You might also consider connecting staterooms, especially if your children are older. A connecting cabin will give you the benefit of two bathrooms and nicer beds (the FV cabins on M class only have regular beds for 2 and the rest are sofa beds). If your kids are old enough you can also consider adjacent cabins or cabins across the hall from each other. When our kids were older teens we sailed in a balcony cabin with the kids in an inside across the hall, and when they were young adults we made sure they were on a different floor!

Thank you for the information. We were looking at two seperate rooms, but thought the one with the partition might be more "cost effective" while still providing some level of privacy.

On the s class ships, the FV rooms are 575 sq ft, huge living area with a small dining table, huge master bedroom and small second bedroom with two bunks. just one bath and only tv is in the living room. But they are perfect for a family, much better than two cabins (except for the bathroom) but lots of room to hang out comfortably.

A few years ago, a FV cabin would have suited our needs to a T for my family of 4.

The only thing difficult would have been having to go through a TA or call Celebrity to get a price quote since the category usually doesn't show up on-line. Assuming that they would even release the cabin to us since we are only 4 instead of 5.

I like to price out DIFFERENT cruises with various cabins, etc. online before settling on a ship and sailing to get "real" quotes from different TA. I don't like to waste their time before I get serious.

BUT now that we have a teenager and a tween, an extra bathroom is MANDATORY! Lol. So, we have now switched to the 2 cabin requirement.

The FV seems ideal for families with younger kids. Or maybe OLDER kids that can be sent to the spa bathrooms? ;) Are the showers at the spa public? :confused:

The FV seems ideal for families with younger kids. Or maybe OLDER kids that can be sent to the spa bathrooms? ;) Are the showers at the spa public? :confused:

HI GSC500,

Yes they are... a great CC "insider tip" by all accounts as this is something several couples / families have mentioned they use as a way to all get ready at once...

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

The FVs are much bigger and better laid out on the M Class than older ships. Haven't seen the S ones yet.

We're a family of 4 and have booked them twice. Be sure to book the corner ones if you decide/are able to go this route. They have twice the balcony as the other FVs and an "entrance hallway" that can double as a changing room.

And the S Class FV's are HUGE!! From the pics I've seen of the M class, they look tiny in comparison. BUT there are only four per ship, the two front corners on decks 7 and 8--and the balcony on deck 7 is tiny. The great thing is being able to look out at the front of the ship--you have the same view the Captain has! But at least on Solstice, our cabin was extremely loud and rattling when docking. . .ah, first world problem, I know!

Archived