renting snorkel gear onboard

kellig

Don't know about renting, but they do sell the snorkels for a couple of dollars. I think it's a good thing to purchase, for sanitary reasons. The masks usually are included on the Carnival excursions.

Hope this helps.

Carnival Valor didn't rent snorkel equipment when we were on it in March. I bought a realy good set at Sams Club for $38 includes everything, incliding a nice shoulder bag. Body Glove was the brand, The snorkel is the kind no water get through the top, because of a built in float.The snorkeling was very good at Safire Beach in St. Thomas. Nassau and St. Martin was't that great at the beaches we went to. probably need an excursion those places.

I talked to my Carnival agent last week, he said they only have equipment for the excursions they sell. I got mine at a local dept store for about $15, for all they were used, they were FINE then we rented vests onshore

I went to Costco yesterday, but they must have had their snorkel equip out a couple months ago, no longer there. So I went to Dicks sports. I know it wasn't the cheapest, but they had several choices compared to Dunnum's sports which only had two sets total. I tried on the masks, and overall thought the body glove brand a Dicks was better than the US Divers brand that Dunnums had. Got myself a drytop snorkel and a mask where the glass wraps around the side for better peripheral vision, which cost $39. My husband was OK with a regular splash guard on his snorkel, but the mask in his set had a special purge valve under the nose, which cost $30. His mask fit me to, so if I have trouble with leakage, we may swap masks. He never tends to get as much water in his mask as I had with rentals in the past. So I agreed with you that it was worth the investment to by our own sets, for fit and sanitary reasons. We didn't buy fins though, because I didn't want to cart them around, so we'll probably rent them instead. Maybe someday that will be a purchase too. Hoping people will charge us less to rent fins than the whole set though.:rolleyes:

You can rent snorkel gear on the beach or they usually have it if you booked an excursion.

However, for DH and I, the thought of putting a snorkel in my mouth that 3 million other people have used just grosses me out. We bought our own at walmart and toss them in the suitcase. We use their goggles and fins.

PIECE Of CAKE and light weight too!

Julie :D

Archived