Weather in early May?

I know the weather is unpredictable but, generally how hot is it in Malta, Dubrovnik, Split, Gibraltar in May? (1st 2 weeks). I'm trying to sort out my packing for our Adriatic cruise & don't know whether to pack T shirts & shorts or warmer clothes???? Anyone who has visited during May, I would welcome your comments. :confused:

progress.gif

We like May/June and late Sept/Oct.

If you are going to Dubrovnik, try to select a cruise that stops there with as few other cruise ships in port at the same time as possible.

It is a wonderful city. We spent three days there. On one of those days there must have been quite of few cruise ships in port. The city, and the gate area was an absolute zoo and it took away from our enjoyment of the city.

I know the weather is unpredictable but, generally how hot is it in Malta, Dubrovnik, Split, Gibraltar in May? (1st 2 weeks). I'm trying to sort out my packing for our Adriatic cruise & don't know whether to pack T shirts & shorts or warmer clothes???? Anyone who has visited during May, I would welcome your comments. :confused:

progress.gif

Hi Britiscruizin - I have also replied to your query on the Italy Ports of Call Board re Venice.

Our cruise in May 2010 also included Dubrovnik & Split. Both were warmer than Venice - and sunny actually. However it wasn't shorts weather.

Capris, shirt & light jacket for me and long pants, shirt & light jacket for DH.

If you are planning to walk the walls of the old city in Dubrovnik, they are quite high and exposed to the weather and the sea. You might have the jacket off after a bit of walking, but I would definitely take one.

In Split we rode on the open-air upper deck of the tour bus and it was also quite breezy and cool. Once inside the Diocletian's Palace, the jackets came off.

If I were to go again in May, I would definitely be thinking "layers".

Do try the gelato in Croatia. I enjoyed it just as much as in Italy.

The beer and wines were also good !!!

• 2 weeks later...

progress.gif

We have had a very long cold winter this year, but a few spring flowers are now beginning to pop up from the ground. May is generally nice, not hot and humid yet and you may want to have a sweater or lite jacket for evenings. Don't unpack your swim suite for here, the Adriatic will be much too cool for swimming although there will be a few hearty tourists romping around.

Archived