Turtles at Christmas Cove?

chicasarita

Thinking of taking a trip to Christmas cove when we dock in St.Thomas on our next cruise. What are the chances of seeing turtles?

Trying to plan excursions over our entire cruise that make everyone happy. My two top priorities are 1. swimming with turtles- anywhere and 2. The America's Cup regatta in St. Maarten. My boyfriend's priorities are 1. drive his own boat or jetski and 2. another excursion we have booked in San Juan, PR.

Only place to sail your own boat is in St. Thomas and St. Maarten that I can find. So St. Maarten is out because I really want to to do the America's Cup Regatta. That leaves St. Thomas. The mini-boat excursion on Carnival's site says it goes to Christmas cove. If I could see turtles at Christmas cove, then both the boyfriend and I could be happy. If not, then I guess we will have to come back to the Eastern Caribbean.

Other two ports are Nassau and San Juan, PR if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help everyone.

We recently did the excursion ST63 Caribbean Sail to Christmas & Honeymoon Coves (6 ½ hour tour including meal) through Celebrity. We sailed on the pirate ship to Christmas Cove (Buck Island) and Honeymoon Cove (Water Island). At Christmas cove, we snorkeled. More fish than previous experiences in Jamaica but less than Bahamas. The highlight here was the green sea turtles. Since they do this tour every day and this is part of the snorkeling tour, I would imagine that the juvenile turtles are always here. There were 4 or 5 in one spot and hey surface about every ten minutes.

Archived