Ship time/port time

mikensuenfl

In February we adjusted the ship time to match the local time. The clock was set back one hour the night before we arrived in the first port and set forward an hour the night after the last port.

I'm sure Gonzo is correct for those ports, but on other cruises, we have found that the 'ship time' does not always match the local time. They make announcements when this happens. For this reason, I always have a wristwatch set to the ships time, rather than the time on my cellphone. I'd hate to miss the boat due to a time mix up..

Just home from a B2B on Solstice. On week one, for the Eastern Caribbean, we did not change ship's time. On the second week, for the Western, we did change our clocks to reflect local time. It all depends on the whim of the captain.

thanks folks, being on our 2nd x cruise,was not sure how capts adjust port times. been on many rc cruises ,and yes sometimes ship time,sometime local.we are meeting a taxi in roatan.. no doubt he will be aware of when the ship docks.. thanks again,smooth sailings to all..

thanks folks, being on our 2nd x cruise,was not sure how capts adjust port times. been on many rc cruises ,and yes sometimes ship time,sometime local.we are meeting a taxi in roatan.. no doubt he will be aware of when the ship docks.. thanks again,smooth sailings to all..

Hi Mikensuenfl,

As mentioned by KITTY9 the Captain decides... on our sailing on the Solstice in January of the Eastern Caribbean we stayed on Florida (EST) the whole trip... the info (intentions) printed in a copy of "Celebrity Today" on DAY 2

Found it interesting that one Captain would make one choice for one Itinerary, and a different one for the second week on KITTY9's B2B...

But as they say...

"The Captain" is THE MAN !!...

Lol, why he gets paid the BIG BUCK$

Cheers!

Archived