Seattle parking question...

We are from Oregon so we are driving to Seattle for our Alaska cruise next month. I'm told that the parking will be $12 per day, which will end up being for 8 days, which will be I believe $96 dollars. My sister recently went to Hawaii out of Portland and she went a day early and stayed at a hotel the night before and they let her park their for the week at no charge and they shuttled her to and from the airport. Does anyone know of a hotel we can stay at in Seattle that we can park our car at and then be shuttled to and from the pier? I'd rather come a day early and pay for a hotel than a parking garage. Thanks

I have lived here 20 years and have never heard of a hotel letting you park for a week for free. I stayed the weekend in a downtown hotel with my daughters a three weeks ago for some fun and festivities and we paid $21.00 per night to park. My daughter attends UW and instead of driving her car the 5 miles to the hotel she took the bus downtown and met us there.

The $96.00 will seem like a bargin because like every major city it's best to be in a secured lot.

BTW we did the Alaska cruise on NCL in 2001 and it was spectacular!

Have a great trip.

I have lived here 20 years and have never heard of a downtown hotel letting you park for free. I stayed in a downtown hotel 3 weeks ago with my daughers for some fun and festivities and we paid $21.00 per night to park. My older daughter goes to UW and she took the bus downtown to meet us instead of driving the 5 miles.

Like any other major city I think's it's best to leave your car in a secured lot for those 8 days - it will seem like a bargin should anything happen.

BTW we took the NCL cruise to Alaska in 2001 and had a great time.

We are on the STAR 4/30/05 to Mexico - it's last trip down south before it heads up to the coast to meet you.

Have a great trip!

I live in Seattle and can confirm what Monte says. There are motels at SeaTac, not downtown, that will provide free parking for a week, but they will not provide a shuttle to the pier. The extra hassle of traveling between the motel and the pier, plus the night's lodging expense, doesn't seem to be much (if any) savings over the $96 for a week at the parking garage.

If you do a Google search you'll find several possibilities. Out of curiosity I looked and found one link to http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.php (you'll need to enter the info for Seattle). It showed one option for $100 - for 1 night's lodging, up to 8 days of parking, and a shuttle to and from the port (at Best Value Inn Airport - Seattle). Although you're not ahead $-wise you'll get a night's lodging out of it. I've never used this site before nor have I stayed at the hotel so I cannot say if its reliable or not, but this should give you a starting point. Goodluck & good cruising,

Phil

Archived