14 lbs. in 3 Months

cricket_7

^^ Yep, that's my goal. I have been trying to eat healthy the past month or so, but the weight doesn't seem to budge. I think it has something to do with my thyroid meds being off. My doctor changed my dose back in December and I have gained about 6 lbs. since then. I had my thyroid removed last summer, so I am trying to get use to this new "me". I go back next week to check my numbers, so we'll see if I'm off.

Like many others, I'm posting this so I'm held accountable. We don't have our cruise booked, yet, but the plan is to set sail in June. Right now, I don't even want to think about getting into a swim suit with how my body looks!!

Here's yesterdays food log:

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt w/ Organic Granola sprinkled on top

Lunch: Chicken w/ brown rice and veggies & a Coke

Dinner: Chicken Ceasar salad

Snack: Cheese and crackers (I try to stay away from this type of thing, but my daughter wanted some and so I also ate some...:().

Exercise: Ran/Walked 3 miles

My legs (especially my calves) are pretty sore today. Thats a good sign because the soreness really motivates me..lol.

I have also been trying to increase my water intake. I don't mind water, but I'm normally not good at drinking the amount that I should be.

That's about it in a nutshell!

Did fairly well yesterday. Here's the food log:

Breakfast: Greek Yogurt w/ Organic Granola sprinkled on top

Lunch: Chicken w/ brown rice and veggies & a Coke

Dinner: Bean & Cheese Burrito

Dinner on Thursday nights are usually on the run. I get home and pick up my 4 y.o., grab a bite to eat, and then take her to gymnastics. I should probably be picking something a little more healthy though.

Water intake was pretty good. Probably had about 48 oz.

I did get a little workout in:

Bicep Curls 3x10

Squats 3x10

Pushups - 40

Crunches - 40

I am one of those who weigh daily. I think it helps keep me on track a little better. I also weigh at the same time, first thing in the morning before I eat.

Weight Today: 152 lbs. (Down 2 lbs.)

I'm pretty sure it's water weight. My weight normally goes down during the week, when i am eating a little better, then it's back up on Monday after the weekend.

Thank you for posting such helpful info on this forum. I was just seeking for some information on this topic

small.gif

You are welcome! Ideally, I shouldn't be eating the processed foods (crackers, burritos, etc). I guess I need more will power to try to avoid these types of things. I'm also slowly trying to get away from the Coke's. I knows it's empty calories and I have cut way back on them and usually only drink 1 per day.

I have the knowledge in regard to what I should eat, how many calories, and working out, but it's more of a will power mixed with time constraints right now.

The Burritos can be healthier: using corn tortillas instead of flour, a sprinkle of cheese instead of a boatload, ground turkey or veggies versus beef.

Cheese is a killer..I love it..but stopped eating it unless its a tiny bit of "real" cheese..none of that stuff you buy in the grocery store..did you ever melt Sargentos or such and see how much oil comes up out of it whe you melt it? YUCK!!! Cheese also has a ton of sodium and too much can constipate you.

You are welcome! Ideally, I shouldn't be eating the processed foods (crackers, burritos, etc). I guess I need more will power to try to avoid these types of things. I'm also slowly trying to get away from the Coke's. I knows it's empty calories and I have cut way back on them and usually only drink 1 per day.

I have the knowledge in regard to what I should eat, how many calories, and working out, but it's more of a will power mixed with time constraints right now.

The Burritos can be healthier: using corn tortillas instead of flour, a sprinkle of cheese instead of a boatload, ground turkey or veggies versus beef.

Yup, you are right, they can be healthy, except the one that I had was grabbed on the run so it was from a fast food place!

Here's yesterdays meals:

Breakfast:

Greek Yogurt w/ Organic Granola

6fat/58carbs/18pro. 340 Cals

Lunch:

3 1/2 Oz. Chicken

3/4 C. Brown Rice

Veggies

Coke

4.5fat/67carbs/34pro. 436 Cals

Snack:

Mini Candy Bars :eek: (yeah, I know)

7fat/17carbs/2pro. 140 Cals

Dinner:

Salmon Patties

Fat Free Cottage Cheese

11.5fat/18carbs/41pro. 337 Cals

Total for the Day: 29fat/160carbs/95pro. 1253 Cals

Not too bad, but way too many carbs. Breakdown was:

20% Cals from Fat; 50% Cals from Carbs, and 30% from Protein.

Weight this morning was down 1/2 lb. So I'm guessimg most of the water weight came off the last couple of days.

Current Weight: 151.5

Forgot to add that I ran/walked about 1.5 miles and water intake was around 48 oz.

Weight Today: 153.5 Back up 2 lbs.

The weekends are just a killer on my weight loss. I had lunch out with my family on Saturday. I shared a meal, so it wasn't too awfully bad. Breakfast and dinner were okay meals.

On Sunday, we had a larger meal for dinner which included ham, so I'm wondering if the excess salt has something to do with the jump in my weight. Breakfast and lunch on Sunday were also decent meals.

Today I am downing the water and back on track with my diet.

I started out good yesterday, but ended up eating high carb/high fat for dinner. :mad: Here’s the food log…

Breakfast:

Greek Yogurt w/ Organic Granola - 6fat/58carbs/18pro Total 340

Lunch:

3/5 oz. chicken, brown rice, veggies, & coke - 5fat/76carbs/35pro Total 486

Dinner:

Pizza and breadstick - 25fat/56carbs/23pro Total 550

Totals Calories: 1376

Here’s the breakdown of where the calories came from: 25% Fat / 55% Carbs / 22% protein

Seems like there is always something happening that throws me off. Our fridge is on the fritz, so I came home and bagged up all of the frozen stuff to take to my hubby’s grandmother’s house. Then I moved all of the fridge stuff to the freezer (which is staying a little colder). By the time I got done, it was way past dinner time, so we opted to just order pizza. Good thing is that I didn’t pig out, but still a lot of carbs and fat that I didn’t need. Protein was definitely lacking!

Water intake was also not so great. It was pouring down rain all day long and I had left all of my water in my vehicle while at work. Yes, I could have ventured out, but I didn’t. :rolleyes:

Weight was down 1 lb. this morning. 152.5

The kids are on Spring Break this week and I am taking off work tomorrow and Thursday. We are going to go and do some stuff out of town, so I NEED to make good choices when we eat!!!

I'm back from a taking off a couple of days for Spring Break and the weekend! I didn't stay on my "diet", but I did try to make good choices and mainly limit my portion sizes. I also did a lot of walking which I think helped.

I am FINALLY in the 140's!!!!! Weight this morning was 149.5 (DOWN 4.5 lbs. since I started..yippee!!). Now to keep on track this week and hopefully drop a few more pounds!

I'm back from a taking off a couple of days for Spring Break and the weekend! I didn't stay on my "diet", but I did try to make good choices and mainly limit my portion sizes. I also did a lot of walking which I think helped.

I am FINALLY in the 140's!!!!! Weight this morning was 149.5 (DOWN 4.5 lbs. since I started..yippee!!). Now to keep on track this week and hopefully drop a few more pounds!

Congrats on breaking the 140's!

Weight is down another 2 lbs!! Weight today is 147.5 lbs. YAY!!!

Here's yesterdays food log:

Breakfast: Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Burrito w/ tomatoes

27Fat/37Carbs/15Protein Total 447

Lunch: 3.5oz. Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Veggies, Coke

4.5Fat/67Carbs/34Protein Total 436

Dinner: (Not Good I know, but still within my calories) ½ Bag Doritos

7Fat/17Carbs/2Protein Total 280

38Fat/121Carbs/51Protien Total 1163

35% from Fat

47% from Carbs

18% from Protein

Ratios are way off from where I would like to be, as fat and carbs were the main source of my food. I definitely need to plan better. Our fridge isn’t working, so I have a limited amount of food at the house which makes it even harder when I’m trying to eat on the run. Repair guy came to look at it and said it is froze up. He said to try defrosting it and if that doesn’t work, then he will come back to repair it. Frustrating since it’s not even 4 years old!!

I went to the doctor last week for blood work. I found out that I have slight hyperthyroidism, which would explain the weight gain and it being so hard to lose. He wants to keep me on the same dose until I see my endocrinologist at the end of May, so I guess I’ll just have to stick to these extremely low calories if I want to lose.

The doctor also said that my cholesterol is extremely high and wants to put me on some meds for it. I’m going to try to lower it on my own. Most of the time, I eat fairly healthy, so I’m going to add some Fish Oil to see if that helps get it lower.

Water intake wasn’t good at all yesterday, so today, I need to do better! Guess that’s it for now!

Here's the food log for yesterday:

Lunch: Low Fat Cottage Cheese & a Chicken Burrito

Dinner: Mexican Pizza

Weight this morning: 147 lbs.

So far I have lost 7 lbs. total!!! I’m ½ way to my goal!

I lifted yesterday..lot's of squats, lunges, bicep curls, dips, and pushups!

Here's the food log for yesterday:

Lunch: Low Fat Cottage Cheese & a Chicken Burrito

Dinner: Mexican Pizza

Weight this morning: 147 lbs.

So far I have lost 7 lbs. total!!! I’m ½ way to my goal!

I lifted yesterday..lot's of squats, lunges, bicep curls, dips, and pushups!

Keep it up, you're doing good!:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! It's been quite awhile since I last posted. I've been sooooo busy at work and in the evenings that I have not had much time to post.

Update on my weight loss: I am down another 3 lbs!!! My current weight is 144.

I have continued to eat pretty healthy and I have been pretty active...running/walking and playing golf.

I did finally book our cruise. We will be sailing out of NOLA on the Conquest, June 17, 2012. 4 more pounds to go and I have 7 weeks to do it!!

Archived