Godfrey Tours is a great bargain!

rjscott

My ship says it docks at 10 and then we have to go through immigration. So maybe 11 would be a good time to book. I've heard they let people go through immigration first that have a tour booked, but who really knows. I'm glad to hear immigration only took an hour to go through for you. I think I'm definitely going to book Godfrey!! Thanks everyone for your help. Oh and if anyone has pics to share of their Godfrey excursion, I'd love to see them!

This link will take you to several on webshots

http://www.webshots.com/search?query=godfrey%27s+tour&new=1&source=search_results_top

Check with the purser's desk to see how immigration is handled. On Princess, all we had to do was get in line with our passports/documentation open, and cruise through a line past the immigration officer who looked at our documentation as we passed by. Then, we were given a pass to get off the ship, which showed we'd been thru immigration. It was a great system; very efficient and very quick. On other ships, they have given priority immigration clearance to tour ticket holders, but it wasn't necessary in this case.

Becki

Our group of 11 is supposed to be getting picked up at 10 (I've already been in touch to set this up) - now 5 of our group want to Snuba first and won't be back to the ship till 12:30 or so - do you think Godfrey would pick 6 of us up at 11 to go shopping and then go back to the boat for 1:00 or so to pick up the guys to continue the sightseeing and then beach or do you think that's too much to ask?!

I don't know if you've been in touch with Godfrey or not yet, but I just returned from his tour and can tell you that by 1:00 you're either on the Mountain Top or on the other side of the island. And since the jitney carries about 20 people, there will be the other 9 people on board that might not care for doubling back to pick up the rest of your party. Just wanted to let you know a better idea of the geography and time table regarding the time frame you were asking about. ;)

My ship says it docks at 10 and then we have to go through immigration. So maybe 11 would be a good time to book. I've heard they let people go through immigration first that have a tour booked, but who really knows. I'm glad to hear immigration only took an hour to go through for you. I think I'm definitely going to book Godfrey!! Thanks everyone for your help. Oh and if anyone has pics to share of their Godfrey excursion, I'd love to see them!

just got off the Valor and there wasn't anyone even *there* to ask what time people's excursions were, so don't count on that. I can tell you that I was in line about half an hour prior to when the Customs inspection started and it took me about 45 minutes in line. here's a link to my pictures, though check back this weekend, as I need to have my Sapphire Beach pics scanned and uploaded. http://community.webshots.com/album/357920249TwGrKS

Thanks for the headsup, I think I'll book it at 11 am. I'm just wondering which beach would be best to visit? BTW, your pics were beautiful, looks like you had great weather. I've been checking the current weather and the 10 day forecast and it predicts rain everyday. Hopefully, we'll see the sun.

Thanks for the headsup, I think I'll book it at 11 am. I'm just wondering which beach would be best to visit? BTW, your pics were beautiful, looks like you had great weather. I've been checking the current weather and the 10 day forecast and it predicts rain everyday. Hopefully, we'll see the sun.

we did have nice weather (though I don't know if you've been to the Caribbean before. we hadn't, and the humidity is best described by my husband as, "if it were any more humid, it'd be raining" :D. we're talking 85 degrees, but 96% humidity, LOL). although we did have to sweat it out, as the ol' "tropical storm/hurricane Adrian" was threatening the area at the last minute before our arrival. :eek:

as far as which beach to go, just ask Godfrey. he's tuned into the weather and conditions, as to which beach would offer what you wanted (clear water/fish for snorkeling, nice facilities, crowds from other ships, etc.).

The last island I visited was Bermuda. I've never been to the Eastern Caribbean. I'm from NY and I guess we'll be a bit shocked by the immediate humidity. It does get humid here too, just not as humid as you make it sound. I guess I better keep those ponytail holders handy. All of the beaches sound wonderful, I'd like to try some parasailing...maybe Coki beach is the best bet for that. I'm really getting ancy, our first cruise is on Saturday on the Carnival Glory. I just can't wait!!!!!!! I'm going to take plenty of pics. Thanks again everyone for your input. Now if I can only find a cheap way to call home from the islands (we're leaving the kiddies with grandma.)

The last island I visited was Bermuda. I've never been to the Eastern Caribbean. I'm from NY and I guess we'll be a bit shocked by the immediate humidity. It does get humid here too, just not as humid as you make it sound. I guess I better keep those ponytail holders handy. All of the beaches sound wonderful, I'd like to try some parasailing...maybe Coki beach is the best bet for that. I'm really getting ancy, our first cruise is on Saturday on the Carnival Glory. I just can't wait!!!!!!! I'm going to take plenty of pics. Thanks again everyone for your input. Now if I can only find a cheap way to call home from the islands (we're leaving the kiddies with grandma.)

when you get off the boat in St. THomas, there's a little building right on the pier that offers long distance calls for $0.20/minute (ask the people on the boat, there were lots of crew there calling home). it's a little room with a few cordless phones, just tell the lady you want to call the US and she'll hand you the phone to dial. Make your call, pay her cash when you hang up. I also got cell service in St. THomas, but I think it would have been MUCH more than $0.20/minute! I only checked in once on my kiddos (2 and 5) and they hardly had time to talk to me, they were too busy running around and having fun, which made me feel better and didn't really feel the need to check in anymore (since St. Thomas was about the "half way mark" for us at that point in the week).

hope that helps!

Archived