Caribbean Princess cruises on 18th and 25th canceled

DrNex

I love cruising. We have our 4th cruise coming up the end of March to the Eastern Caribbean on the Grand Princess. I read this forum ALL the time to get updated information and to read about the experiences of others. After my next cruise I, too, will post information from the cruise. Hope that I can help by giving information to people who might not otherwise know what to expect.

Happy Cruising everyone!

If anyone is interested and flexible, I rebooked on Celebrity but leaving on Saturday March 24. I do no usually fly in on the same day for a cruise, but choices were limited at this crunch time. I hope you all are able to find alternate travel plans. I want to thank those who are currently on the ship for keeping us updated with the latest info. I was well prepared for the last minute changes.

Olivia, an avid lurker

Interesting that the news sources haven't picked up on this....both from the effect on passenger AND the financial impact point of view.

Perhaps they need a nudge.....

I don't see why the media seem to need to report this. Media coverage just makes things much worse for the cruise line. It stops people from booking and, depending on the circumstances makes people cancel. I don't see why you would want that.

Regarding the ship, such a long repair period suggests a failure of the propulsion motor. If it can be fixed, the ship will not need to go into drydock. If it needs replacing, that will mean cutting holes, and most certainly a drydock visit.

My wife & I have cruised with Princess 9 times and we are sceduled on the B2B San Juan cruise beginning on April 15th.

I spoke with my TA this morning who called her contacts with Princess. They assured her that the April 15th cruise would be fine and that at this time they see no reason why they would have to cancel another cruise after the March 25th one. (I have looked at a "Plan B" just in case though!)

As for not sailing CCL or Princess because of this - well, I love Princess and Caribbean Princess in particular. This will be our 5th cruise on her. We sailed twice during her first year and then did a B2B a few years later. Have we ever had a problem with Princess? Yes, but they were more then fair making up for it and it was "all good" in the end. Things happen on EVERY cruise line. It's unfortunate but unavoidable. Stick with the ships you love and never book a cruise based solely on the ports that it's going to and be prepared for the unexpected to happen and try to roll with it - we learned that lesson a long time ago.

I AM really sorry for all of those people that are being effected by this. We booked our trip over a year ago and would be really upset if it didn't happen.

When will the official announcement come from Princess, I wonder? Probably 90% of the cruisers are not on CC and are still oblivious. :(

It is posted on Facebook on the princess page.

Feel so sorry for everyone that is missing there cruise:(:(

Im glad I checked Facebook tonight - I feel sorry for those booked Mar 18 @25. There may be someone who planned a wedding etc. my son and his wife are booked for 2 weeks starting April 1. I am joining them on April 8 . Hopefully the repairs will go as planned. Good luck to those disappointed folks

If anyone is interested and flexible, I rebooked on Celebrity but leaving on Saturday March 24. I do no usually fly in on the same day for a cruise, but choices were limited at this crunch time. I hope you all are able to find alternate travel plans. I want to thank those who are currently on the ship for keeping us updated with the latest info. I was well prepared for the last minute changes.

Olivia, an avid lurker

I'm going back to NCL, when I got the email from Princess I called NCL and booked the Pearl leaving the 25th, since we are stopping in Miami we just changed flight plans and took off the SJU flights.

Archived