Packing Coffee in your suitcase

POOHISME2

We travel with the actual bags (like Starbuck's) that come in a plastic/paper bag already. I don't know about the cans, but to be safe I would do ziploc bags. They might think somethings in there and riffle through the can with their hands :eek: lol.

-Chris

Has anyone had a problem with TSA and a sealed can of coffee in your luggage? Whoever travels with their own coffee, How do you pack it, In the original can, or in ziplock bags? Do you check it or carry it on?

I took 2 pounds of flavored coffee that I bought in the grocery store in my carry on with no problems. The coffee was in paper type packages not in cans.

I meant packed in your luggage. Still, even in carry-on luggage, if you get a very nosey security agent at the airport, he might insist that it be opened. We have travelled in the past where a certain item went thru airport security without a problem leaving for our trip, but flying home, the security agent took it from us. So you never know...always best to be safe than sorry.....

I meant packed in your luggage. Still, even in carry-on luggage, if you get a very nosey security agent at the airport, he might insist that it be opened. We have travelled in the past where a certain item went thru airport security without a problem leaving for our trip, but flying home, the security agent took it from us. So you never know...always best to be safe than sorry.....
Thanks I packed one in the cary on and one in the checked bag. Hate to get onbard with a coffee maker and NO coffee..LOL We are only flying one way, so that shouldn't be a problem.. :p

Archived