What would you do?

palmtre2

Here's the thing - after much wrangling with my TA (yes,now I know I should have booked through Carnival) I finally got all 3 cabins in my party near each other on the same deck. We added a person and a cabin along the way which led to Carnival just placing them wherever and it seemed to take an act of congress to move them. So now we have a major price drop and between 2 of the 3 cabins, I am out about $500. Did not book earlysaver for fear that we would have to add someone, which we did.....

I am told by the TA that there is no OBC only an upgrade. Well, the upgrade would move those to cabins 5 decks away from me, since my cat. is sold out I can't move. So do I move my kids and elderly father to nicer cabins, eat the price drop and leave everyone where they are, or upgrade them for $150 each cabin to an even nicer cabin on the same deck but a whole ship away????

Here's the thing - after much wrangling with my TA (yes,now I know I should have booked through Carnival) I finally got all 3 cabins in my party near each other on the same deck. We added a person and a cabin along the way which led to Carnival just placing them wherever and it seemed to take an act of congress to move them. So now we have a major price drop and between 2 of the 3 cabins, I am out about $500. Did not book earlysaver for fear that we would have to add someone, which we did.....

I am told by the TA that there is no OBC only an upgrade. Well, the upgrade would move those to cabins 5 decks away from me, since my cat. is sold out I can't move. So do I move my kids and elderly father to nicer cabins, eat the price drop and leave everyone where they are, or upgrade them for $150 each cabin to an even nicer cabin on the same deck but a whole ship away????

If it were me and you are finally happy with the cabins you have then I would eat the price drop, stay where you are and chalk this up to a lesson learned.

Dump the TA for future bookings, the Carnival rep has access to all cabins and booking options and you have the flexability to call the 800# 24 hours per day to make changes or ask questions.

BTW......ES allows you to add people, you just can't change people around in between cabins or do any other name change type things.

The 2 cabins in question are insides on deck 7 and the upgrade is a OV on deck 2. I think I will pretend I know nothing of price drops and never book with that TA again. For the record we did do some shuffling of personnel when the other person was added, that would have been a no-no with ES rates.

Archived