Price drop USA/UK

MAJ

I read a lot here about price drops before final payment Now my TA told me if the cruise I am thinking of booking for July 2012 drops in price I will still pay the full amount even though they were just taking a deposit yesterday

The cruise I am doing in April 2012 has dropped by 150 pounds each but they refused to drop my price

Does RCCL have a different policy for the UK?

I read a lot here about price drops before final payment Now my TA told me if the cruise I am thinking of booking for July 2012 drops in price I will still pay the full amount even though they were just taking a deposit yesterday

The cruise I am doing in April 2012 has dropped by 150 pounds each but they refused to drop my price

Yes the price policy is different for US and UK. AFAIK in the UK you still recieve price drops past final payment.

Of course this is just the cruise lines policy and your TA might impose different rules on you, which would be the time to look out for a better TA.

You've booked through a UK TA so their T&C may be different to the cruise line. If the price drop is not for new bookings only get the TA to speak to RCCL; if necessary insist on a 3 way conversation but you may be up a creek so to speak. I know one High Street TA that refuses to honour the new price. For future reference it is always advisable to check the TA policy first.

We had same problem last year with large on line agent. No refund but we did get upgraded from D1 to a junior suite. Next 2 cruises we booked directly with RCI. they were both booked late so no price drops. Lady on last cruise told us about this agent which has several branches and a good reputation unfortunately 60 miles away from us. On booking they confirmed that they always pursued price drops 2 days ago price dropped £350 each despite requests from us so far no joy. RCI really must have some uniformity in handling price changes

We had same problem last year with large on line agent. No refund but we did get upgraded from D1 to a junior suite. Next 2 cruises we booked directly with RCI. they were both booked late so no price drops. Lady on last cruise told us about this agent which has several branches and a good reputation unfortunately 60 miles away from us. On booking they confirmed that they always pursued price drops 2 days ago price dropped £350 each despite requests from us so far no joy. RCI really must have some uniformity in handling price changes

It's NOT RCCL that is denying you the drop but the TA.

Interesting many thanks TA tried to contact RCI but accounts Dept not open so will phone first thing???? He accepts price drop. Any advice on what further steps we can take Thanks

Grab a screen shot of the price as it stands which shows the drop.... just in case it changes in the meantime. If they accept the drop that's good :) The first change in the booking will be free of charge... subsequent changes will incur a fee.

Interesting many thanks TA tried to contact RCI but accounts Dept not open so will phone first thing???? He accepts price drop. Any advice on what further steps we can take Thanks

No need to speak to the Accts dept- you just speak with the Service dept and they will apply the price drop if it is valid.

Seems you learnt the hard way. Not all TAs honour price drops as it effects their commission. I'd get it in writing before you book next time, or book direct.

Archived