Penang Red Curry Coconut Chicken and Limoncello Cream Recipes

IRL_Joanie

Let us know how it goes and tastes. I never ate the jello square in the bottom of the glass. Didn't even know what it was until I read the recipe here. I enjoyed this dessert so much I sweet talked our concierge to have 2 delivered to our suite.

I cook quite a bit and am going to try this over the weekend. For the Jello portion I plan to cheat and use sugar free lemon jello and make it with the gin or vodka and fresh lemon juice. I will eliminate the cold water the jello calls for.

The other part is a custard of egg yolks and sugar over a double boiler flavored with the lemon juice and sugar (boiled as a simple syrup). The hot lemon mix will need to be tempered in so the yolks are not scrambled. This is where you can add the gin and lemon peel. Depending on the amount of Gin you use will determine if you need to add some knox gelatin or a soaked gerlatin sheet to thicken up. Once cool, add the whipped cream. Don't overmix or it will breakdown.

Cut the jello into cubes place in bottom of dish, next lemon custurd and top with lemon liqueur.

The custard recipe sounds a bit like the tiramisu recipe we did in the cooking class in Dec.

NO gin for me. :eek: I don't drink it in even small amounts.

Same for DH..... he'd have vodka but no gin.

Archived