Crown Princess Lido Deck Cabins Port Side

RD64

Having just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Crown, I would like to pass on this bit of info (my own opinion) about cabins in this area of the ship. My cabin was L220, and overall I thought the location was excellent. However, to gain access from the pool decks, I had to walk through Emphesema Alley - the smoking area on this part of the deck. Everytime I passed through, I felt like I smoked ten packs of cigarettes. Due to the overhang of the deck above, the smoke stays in this area, but filters through into the cabin area when the sliding door opens. I started to use the starboard entrance instead.

You can clearly smell the smoke up to the first fire door. If you are a non-smoker, I would think twice about booking a cabin in this area. On the Aruba day - where the winds are very high - the smoke drifted all the way down past my cabin.

Just my opinion - and I hope that I have not offende any smokers.

Cheers

Having just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Crown, I would like to pass on this bit of info (my own opinion) about cabins in this area of the ship. My cabin was L220, and overall I thought the location was excellent. However, to gain access from the pool decks, I had to walk through Emphesema Alley - the smoking area on this part of the deck. Everytime I passed through, I felt like I smoked ten packs of cigarettes. Due to the overhang of the deck above, the smoke stays in this area, but filters through into the cabin area when the sliding door opens. I started to use the starboard entrance instead.

You can clearly smell the smoke up to the first fire door. If you are a non-smoker, I would think twice about booking a cabin in this area. On the Aruba day - where the winds are very high - the smoke drifted all the way down past my cabin.

Just my opinion - and I hope that I have not offende any smokers.

Cheers

Regardless of whether we have a room booked on the port or starboard side of the Lido deck, we always enter the cabin areas on the starboard side because of what you have described..

We've never had a problem in our cabin with smell drifting in, but have smelled it in the hallways. I try to book starboard side whenever possible to avoid it.

Mike

Archived