Disappointed by No Credit for Price Drop

stlrod

I was disappointed Princess would not honor a $100 pp price drop since I was one day into the cancellation period. New sale applies to "new bookings only" but given the current state of the cruise industry I was hopeful they would be more accomodating.

It doesn't seem to matter what consumer product you buy when as soon as you get it home it goes on sale. It sounds like Princess was offering a "flash" promotion in which case there are a few contingencies. I too was in that position and it was one of those "grit you teeth and move on" experiences.

As far as the "state of the cruise industry" is concerned, even when the economy is tanking cruise ships still seem to fill up. According to their annual report, since 2007 their passengership has risen 20%. Granted they did add more ships to the fleet but they don't seem to have much trouble sailing with either a full or nearly so ship.

Pam,

My final payment is due on the 28th. I contacted Princess and spoke to a very lovey rep about the reductions in the fares,which would be $350pp in my case. When I asked if I could cancel my original booking and re-book at the lower fare, she said it would be no problem, just to have my TA call. They could transfer my non-refundable deposit to the new booking. I asked her to record this on my file and she said she would. I even answered their telephone survey with glowing ratings. Do I have to tell you what happened!:eek:

My agent was told not only hadn't been recorded on the file, but that they wouldn't do it! I could write a letter and get a response in 4-6 weeks- long after final payment is due.You ask me that when you speak to a rep,it is implied that they represent the Company and what I was told should be honored! I'm so fed up and so is my TA.

By the way what would be the penalty and on what is it based?

I am not Pam, but I assume that your final payment is due on 3/28. If yes, I would wonder about your TA. Can't you just cancel and rebook to get the lower fare? I assume you run the risk of losing your exact cabin. I wonder if your TA has you booked in a group.

Is the $350 pp fare discount below whatever discount you have already received from your TA? If yes, you might want to cancel with your TA and get another TA or book direct.

Good luck. I would not be please either, but I am confident that this would not happen with my high volume Princess TA. (unless of course I do not understand your situation correctly)

Archived