My Princess Cays Port Review and tips

hlhp3

My port rating for:

Princess Cays

Port Rating: Starstrans3.gif

Tip #1: bring your passport or ID with you (not just your cruise card) when coming to Princess Cays. You'll need it if you want to visit the little local shops just behind the "Princess Cays" area.

Tip #2: the lunch was good but remember that it isn't open indefinitely. I think it closed around 1pm - so get it while the getting it good.

We tendered to the port which wasn't a big deal. We snorkeled in front of the beach which was pretty good - not the best, not the worst of our trip. It rained on and off while we were there so that dampered the "beach day" that Princess Cays is supposed to be. We had reserved two kayaks but they cancelled all the water sports because the winds were quite high. They refunded everyone's money for the water sport reservations. It wasn't very warm at all, air or water - it isn't that far South. Probably my favorite thing we did was take a walk farther along the beach. I found lots of sand dollars - alive and dead - along in the tide pools.

Overall it was fine, but due to the rain most everyone left early.

sorry it rained during your visit-when we went in '10 it was a wonderful sunny day. I think this was the best beach day we have ever had.

We were also there over Easter break, 2010. I could have stayed on Princess Cays and been happy. I agree that the walk on the beach (away from the lounge chairs and all) was wonderful.

Lunch was kind of a bbq buffet. OK, not special, but food was plentiful for those who worked up an appetite in water sports. Plenty to do, if you want, but just lazing around is wonderful too.

The "shops" behind the fence consist of the island natives handicrafts. No passport needed.

Tendering is easy and quick. Water is that incredible peacock blue going to a clear aquamarine at the more shallow depths.

Sigh...I need to get back there soon.

Sorry to hear the weather wasn't that great when you were there. I was there in 2009. My friend stayed on the ship but I went over to Princess Cays. I had such a wonderful day there. It was beautiful and sunny and a perfect day.

If you go back I hope you get better weather.:)

Archived