Review: Bonaire on your own - speed boat water taxi to Klein Bonaire

hlhp3

Bonaire

Port Rating: Starstrans6.gif

In Bonaire we just took a water taxi over to Klein Bonaire. After you walk off the peir, and past the gates, there are lots of people selling tours, etc. One was a water taxi in a black/white speed boat. This ended up being a great way to go because it was WAY faster than the ferry style water taxis and they go back and forth every twenty minutes all day so we were in charge of our own time. It cost $15 for the round trip. Remember to bring water and toilet paper to the island as there are NO services whatsoever.

The snorkeling at Klein Bonaire was amazing - simply wonderful. The wind was very high that day so the waves were bad but we still enjoyed it. After the water taxi drops you off, walk way down the beach to the left (left if your are looking inland). Then you just have to drift back down to your starting point. We did it twice - totally awesome!

The shopping in Bonaire was really nice too. Lots of options.

• 3 weeks later...
Bonaire

Port Rating: Starstrans6.gif

In Bonaire we just took a water taxi over to Klein Bonaire. After you walk off the peir, and past the gates, there are lots of people selling tours, etc. One was a water taxi in a black/white speed boat. This ended up being a great way to go because it was WAY faster than the ferry style water taxis and they go back and forth every twenty minutes all day so we were in charge of our own time. It cost $15 for the round trip. Remember to bring water and toilet paper to the island as there are NO services whatsoever.

The snorkeling at Klein Bonaire was amazing - simply wonderful. The wind was very high that day so the waves were bad but we still enjoyed it. After the water taxi drops you off, walk way down the beach to the left (left if your are looking inland). Then you just have to drift back down to your starting point. We did it twice - totally awesome!

The shopping in Bonaire was really nice too. Lots of options.

I can't thank you enough for posting this. I read it before our cruise - we just got back today - and decided to do the water taxi.

Best snorkeling ever. Complete drift, expended no energy. DH did the drift twice, I did it once and then just relaxed on the beautiful beach.

I can't wait to go back to Bonaire again!

Archived